Toontrack has announced the release of EZdrummer 2 Metal Edition, EZdrummer 2 Rock Edition and EZdrummer 2 Vintage Edition, three separate bundles including EZdrummer 2 combined with two EZX sound library expansions.
With either of the three bundles, you get EZdrummer 2, its two core sound libraries (’Modern’ and ’Vintage’), the market’s most intuitive software for drum production and two additional sound libraries tailor-made for a certain style or sound.
New EZdrummer 2 bundles
- EZdrummer 2 Metal Edition:
EZdrummer 2, Metal Machine EZX, Metal! EZX
- EZdrummer 2 Rock Edition:
EZdrummer 2, Rock! EZX, Pop/Rock EZX
- EZdrummer 2 Vintage Edition:
EZdrummer 2, Vintage Rock EZX, The Blues EZX
More information: Toontrack
Toontrack has announced the release of two new titles for its line of MIDI for EZkeys; Boogie EZkeys MIDI and the Roots Music EZkeys MIDI 6 Pack.
Boogie EZkeys MIDI takes a deep dive into the rich legacy of boogie piano music. It has all the timeless eight and twelve bar progressions, the walking bass lines, the breaks and other unmistakable traits. Simply put, a century of boogie heritage boiled down to a collection of ten tracks organized in easy-to-use song structure building blocks for you to drag, drop, dissect and shape into your own.
The bundle provides provides you with professionally played piano parts, all performed in full song structure blocks and in a variety of intensities. It includes six (6) individual EZkeys titles covering fundamental jazz, blues, boogie, latin, funk and gospel inspired music, ready for the user to drag, drop and create their own songs from. This coupled with the powerful framework of EZkeys gives you not only instant song ideas, it lends you a creative canvas, ready for you to add your own expression to.
The Boogie EZkeys MIDI pack is now available for purchase for 25 EUR; the Roots Music EZkeys MIDI bundle costs 79 EUR. The bundle includes the Boogie EZkeys MIDI release.
More information: Toontrack
Toontrack has announced the release of N.Y. Studios Collection Producer Presets Bundle, a bundle including 6 individual titles of presets for the SDX sound libraries in the New York Studios Collection: the core Superior Drummer 2 library, the New York Studios Vol.2 SDX and the New York Studios Vol.3 SDX. In total, the collection includes 30 individually crafted and mix-ready kits.
The three Big Drums titles were crafted by Toontrack’s own head of sound design, Mattias Eklund, and designed to showcase the amazing acoustics of the main recording rooms at the renowned Avatar Studios, Allaire Studios and The Hit Factory. Get ten incredibly creative takes on how to mix ambient drums, using a number of varying tools, channel selections and the built-in effects in Superior Drummer 2, tweaked to the very outer limits.
The preset collections by Neil Dorfsman and Pat Thrall take you back directly inside the creative minds of the very men who helmed the consoles when the original sessions took place. Get fresh, new ideas on how to squeeze, tweak, shape and mold the raw material of these pristine recordings into all-new, layered, hybrid kits. From ambient to dry, punchy and edgy.
Use these settings as a starting point to hone your own tones, or just call up a preset and sit back. Get the most out of your SDX libraries – put the powerful framework of Superior Drummer 2 to work.
The bundle is available for purchase for 29 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / N.Y. Studios Collection Presets Bundle
Toontrack has announced the release of Basic Jazz MIDI, a collection of basic, traditional jazz and swing drum MIDI variations.
Basic Jazz MIDI comes with eight and 16 bar variations of fundamental swing comping patterns in 3/4 and 4/4 time, all categorized by increasing intensity and complexity. It was performed by Norman Garschke, a traditionally trained drummer with a masters degree in jazz performance from the Conservatories of Hilversum and Amsterdam.
”To me, jazz drums is about composing in real-time, about staying in the moment and letting yourself go. I think the best term to describe it is ’instant composition’. The idea behind this collection was to capture just that – variations of rhythmical comping ideas and melodies a jazz drummer would play to accompany a band”, he says.
With tempos varying from 90 to 200 BPM, you’ll have all the drums you need for anything from medium walking ballads, slow medium standards to medium uptempo arrangements. Start assembling your song of controlled, sophisticated drum improvisation with that inimitable nuance, touch and feel of a session player.
Basic Jazz MIDI features
- Approx. 500 individually played drum comping variations.
- Performed by Norman Garschke.
- 3/4 and 4/4 swing patterns in 8 & 16 bar sections.
- Ride cymbal variations, snare drum/bass drum comping ideas and tom variations.
- 4/4 walking-time and ”playing in two”.
The MIDI pack is available for purchase for 25 EUR. The pack works with EZdrummer, EZdrummer 2, Superior Drummer 2 (optimized for 1 kick, 1 snare, 2 toms, 2 floor toms, 2 crash cymbals, 1 china, 1 ride cymbal).
More information: Toontrack / Basic Jazz MIDI
Toontrack has released version 1.2.0 of EZplayer pro, a MIDI organizer, multi track arranger and format conversion tool for Windows and Mac.
EZplayer pro 1.2.0 is now available from your Toontrack account. This is the first release of EZplayer pro to provide compatibility with Pro Tools 11 (AAX support). It also features numerous fixes together with new and updated wrappers for many of the more popular drum samplers.
IMPORTANT: this release is tested on Windows 7 and newer only. It is NOT compatible with Mac OS 10.5 and requires Mac OS 10.6 as a minimum. In order to offer some of the added functionality of EZplayer pro, we have provided a customer support release, version 1.1.1, available from the user area. Customers with systems running Windows XP, VIsta and Mac OS 10.5 should download that version instead, the last that will be provided with compatibility with those operating systems.
Changes in EZplayer pro v1.2.0 features
- New and updated wrappers for Native Instruments Abbey Road Series and Studio Drummer, FXpansion BFD 3, Steven Slate Drums 4, Apple Logic X Drum Kit Designer, Steinberg Groove Agent 4 incorporating Acoustic Agent, Cakewalk Session Drummer and Studio Instruments and XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2.
- Compatibility with Pro Tools 11 (AAX support).
- Online authorization was added.
- Added an ‘About’ dialogue.
- Horizontal mouse wheel scrolling is now supported on Windows (shift+vertical wheel can also be used).
- Support for smooth scrolling with trackpads and similar in 64-bit hosts on Mac OS 10.7 or higher.
- The MIDI grooves previously available as a separate download are now included on installation.
- Snap to grid improved to be more accurate.
- For user-added paths in the browser, kit piece definitions that can be used are now those that are present in installed Toontrack MIDI packs (instead of them being included in the plug-in).
- Drag and drop of a MIDI block from EZplayer pro to the desktop now uses the name of the block instead of the original filename.
- Moving an accent now shows an outline of the accent at the new position during the move.
- Fixed: recording could cause crashes.
- Fixed: moving/copying clips on the tracks could crash.
- Fixed: crashed if a corrupt MIDI file was dropped on a track.
- Fixed: browser playback when using the original tempo of the MIDI file would start a little too early every time it looped.
- Fixed: on Windows, the mouse wheel did not work on a secondary screen located to the left of the primary screen.
- Fixed: various fixes in the “Add Directory to the MIDI Browser” dialog and the “Update or Remove Directory” dialog.
- Fixed: after having made a clip on a track smaller by cropping the beginning, moving an accent moved it to the wrong position (when played back – graphically it looked correct).
- Fixed: dragging from the browser to the arranger did not apply the source mapping to the new loop (but instead re-transformed the browser loop).
- Fixed: quotation marks in track names, layer names and clip names caused them to not get saved/loaded correctly.
- Fixed: on Mac, the folder name of a user-added path in the browser may now contain slash and other characters that are allowed in file names on Mac.
- Fixed: on Mac, dragging a file with slashes or backslashes in the name to a track gave the resulting clip wrong name.
- Fixed: in Pro Tools on Mac, when the mouse was moved onto the plug-in window, the mouse cursor usually stayed what it was outside the window, for example a hand.
- Fixed: in Pro Tools on Windows, the mouse cursor never changed from an arrow when hovering over certain areas even though the plug-in tried to set it to something special.
- Fixed: when dragging in external MIDI to a track, the drop marker could be drawn behind existing clips.
- Fixed: the drop marker was too large when drawn on a layer.
- Fixed: when moving a clip on a track, it didn’t always snap correctly to the beginning of the clip, for example when time signature was 3/8 and grid size was a quarter note.
- Fixed: when time-stretching a clip, the visual marker line was sometimes drawn behind the clip and sometimes it did not stay in the current track/layer.
- Fixed: when moving an accent and releasing the mouse outside the clip, the move got cancelled instead of the the accent being moved to the left-most/right-most position as expected.
- Fixed: clicking below or above an accent with the arrow or delete tool now selects or deletes the whole clip instead of just the accent.
- Fixed: aborting a drag of an external file to the arranger by pressing escape did not remove the drop marker.
- Fixed: several memory leaks.
EZplayer pro for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / EZplayer pro
More posts that match this tag
Toontrack has released the Songwriting EZkeys MIDI 6 Pack, a collection of six individual titles from the widely popular line of MIDI in the EZkeys Line. The Songwriting EZkeys MIDI 6 Pack provides you with … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of EZkeys Vintage Upright, a new EZkeys virtual piano instrument. The Vintage Upright sound library features a carefully sampled Östlind & Almquist piano, a classic Swedish brand dating back to … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of Hi-Energy Grooves, a collection of drum MIDI beats and fills performed by Jason Bowld (Axewound, Pitchshifter). This title, which concludes the company’s annual Metal Month release activities, underlines the … read more
Plugin Boutique has announced its Black Friday Sale, offering up to 80% off music software from its partners. We have already kicked off with some Black Friday sales. There will be a huge amount more … read more
Outbound link: Plugin Boutique
/ Black Friday Sale
– Related: discounts
, Plugin Boutique
, Slate Digital
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2014 - 0 comments
Toontrack has announced the release of Metal Machine SDX, a Superior Drummer 2 sound library featuring the original recording that was used as the foundation for the Metal Machine EZX, arguably the most popular set … read more
Toontrack has announced that its EZdrummer 2 drum production tool has won the Computer Music Music Software of the Year award in the MIA Music Awards 2014. It was nominated together with several other major … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of the Colin Richardson EZmix Pack, the third product for the company’s annual Metal Month. This collection of mix tools for EZmix 2 was designed by Richardson himself and based … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of Metal Guitar Gods 2, a new EZmix pack for the EZmix 2 multi-effect mix tool for Windows and Mac. This expansion for EZmix 2 comes with guitar and bass … read more
Time+Space has launched a Metal Makeover Competition, a chance to win Toontrack’s Superior Drummer, EZdrummer 2, and all metal related EZX packs. Toontrack Metal Month 2014 celebrates the only musical art form to successfully combine … read more
Toontrack has released Made of Metal EZX, a new expansion library by Colin Richardson for the EZdrummer 2 instrument. Few producers are cited as pioneers, for having helped shape the sound of a genre or … read more
Outbound link: Toontrack
/ Made of Metal EZX
– Related: Carl Bown
, Colin Richardson
, Jason Bowld
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 04, 2014 - 0 comments
Toontrack has announced that the fifth edition of its annual Metal Month will be launched on October 31st. The month will include seven new metal related product releases, starting today with two new bundle titles … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of the Rock Drums MIDI 6 Pack, a MIDI pack bundle including the new Basic Rock 2 library. Most rock songwriters would agree that there is one essential thing one … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of Reggae EZX, a new expansion pack for EZdrummer 2. Arguably more so than in any genre, the rhythm section is the heart and soul of reggae. Coherently it forcefully … read more
Toontrack has released version 2.0.2 of EZdrummer 2, the virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac. EZdrummer 2 takes drum production to a whole new level. It was designed to erase any technical barrier between … read more
Toontrack has released version 1.2.0 of EZkeys, the virtual piano instrument and songwriting tool for Windows and Mac. This update is recommended to all users running Windows 7/8 and Mac OS 10.9 or above. Note … read more