Time+Space has announced the release of new EZmix 2 Complete Production Bundles.
EZmix 2 provides the tools to get the perfect sound for every instrument mix situation and now with the ‘Complete Production Bundle’ users will have everything they could need to turn their initial idea in to a polished, mixed track not only easily but incredibly fast.
Available with or without the EZmix 2 software, each bundle features six preset packs including…
- Lead Vocals – Will help to make your lead vocals sound great and sit well in any mix, in just a few clicks.
- Amps – 50 pro-designed signal chains based on guitar/bass amp/cab simulation.
- Ambient – Create large, reverberant soundscapes for film scores through to modern pop.
- Bass Toolbox – Presets custom-made by an all-star team of engineers solely for bass guitar.
- Drums Toolbox – Large choice of one–click settings specifically tailored to enhance drum recordings of any type.
- Mastering II – Wide variety of signal chains for the most common mastering needs and music genres.
The Complete Production Bundle is available inclusive of EZmix 2 for £199 GBP/249 EUR (save 29%). Existing EZmix 2 users can get the Complete Production Presets Bundle for £105 GBP/129 EUR (save 40%).
More information: Time+Space / Toontrack EZmix 2 Bundles
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jul 01, 2014 - 0 comments
Toontrack has announced Superior Summer, a limited time sale on the Superior Drummer virtual drum instrument and SDX expansion libraries.
July is the perfect month to explore the wonderful world of Superior Drummer 2.0. And if you don’t want to lock yourself down in the studio – remember that it runs stand-alone. Get your sun chair out and make some music!
The sale ends July 31st, 2014.
More information: Toontrack
Toontrack has announced the launch of a songwriting competition with a $10,000 cash grand prize as well as the market’s leading drum sampler EZdrummer 2 and the entire line of related expansion titles.
Submission for the competition starts today and will run through the better part of July. The voting phase will commence in late July and the competition will conclude in September.
“There is an incredible amount of unheard talent out there and we hope this competition will help shine some light on not only the craft of songwriting but give voice and inspiration to aspiring, creative people around the world,” said Peter Knutsson, Toontrack’s CEO”
Aside from EZdrummer 2 and the entire line of expansions, there will be a cash prize for not only the winner ($10,000), but also the runner-up ($2,000). “The cash prizes are our way of giving the winner a financial platform equivalent of what a first-time publishing advance would amount to,” said Peter Knutsson.
More information: Toontrack / songwriting competition (Facebook)
Toontrack has announced the release of the Pop/Rock EZX expansion.
The audio and MIDI content is derived from the original version EZdrummer, but now converted into an expansion for EZdrummer 2. The sound and MIDI groove library from the original EZdrummer has been a staple in the creative toolboxes of top songwriters and heard daily in countless major label productions, TV shows and commercials ever since it was first released in 2006.
The Pop/Rock EZX is based around a classic GMS kit including several options for snares, bass drums and cymbals. The sounds were recorded in New York’s legendary Avatar Studios by engineer duo Neil Dorfsman (Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits) and Pat Thrall (Beyoncé, Katy Perry) together with renowned session drummer Nir Z (Chris Cornell, Genesis). Avatar Studios is known for having one of the world’s finest acoustic environments and has won several industry awards. Since its inception in the 1970s, it has hosted bands and artists like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Journey, Kings of Leon and The Clash.
Timeless drums spanning the whole range of pop and rock – captured in perfect sonic detail in one of the world’s top studios.
Pop/Rock EZX features
- The classic EZdrummer sounds, optimized for EZdrummer 2.
- Includes custom effect chain presets.
- GMS drums with optional snares and kicks.
- Large selection of cymbals.
- More than 8,000 MIDI drum grooves and fills.
The expansion is available for purchase for 69 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Pop/Rock EZX
Toontrack has released updated for its Superior Drummer 2 and EZdrummer 2 virtual drum instruments for Windows and Mac.
Superior Drummer 2
Superior Drummer is the undisputed industry standard, award-winning and complete drum production studio that gives you, the user, full creative control to hone, mold and shape the drum sound of your wildest dreams.
Changes in Superior Drummer v2.4.0
- Support for EZdrummer 2 core sound libraries and future EZXs.
- Support for EZdrummer 2 percussion (available as X-drum from the ‘Producer preset Sounds’ submenu).
- Support for EZdrummer 2 EZX presets.
- New mapping tab highlighting of the articulation currently playing.
- New Velocity Ctrl feature indicating incoming and outgoing velocity.
- New Help menu header that describes version, build, bits and format of the plug-in.
- Busses can now have the same name as existing mic channels (names must still be unique within the same class).
- During bounce each phase is described by the bounced files name rather than the corresponding mic name.
- Special handling of right channel output names for Sonar X series and Ableton Live.
- The X-drum mic assignment window can now be scrolled if required.
- Improved X-mics assignment from and to the special ‘Kit’ mics found in The Classic EZX.
- Additional auto-allocation of X-mics rules to minimize manual assignments.
- Change in the built-in configs for Pop/Rock in line with newly released EZX.
- Updated Yamaha E-drum preset in line with EZdrummer 2.
- AAX version now ignores the Mono All setting (not relevant to ProTools).
- AAX version on Windows should no longer crash if a new instance is created after you have loaded 2GB of sounds already.
- Fix for faulty sends occuring after copying from a mono to stereo channel or after a send has been removed then reinstated.
- Fix for issues when bouncing mute tails and swirls.
- Progress bar during bounce should no longer disappears when the plug-in window is closed and reopened.
- Help Menu link ‘Content Providers’ changed to ‘Expand Superior Drummer’ and points to Superior Line Products page.
EZdrummer 2 takes drum production to a whole new level. It was designed to erase any technical barrier between you and your creativity and introduces several groundbreaking features for quick and easy songwriting.
Changes in EZdrummer v2.01
- The leading instrument is analyzed with higher penalty for instruments with lower priority.
- MIDI learn menus open in better places over sliders.
- When using the amount control with the Latin Percussion EZX results should be more predictable.
- Kicks from the Number 1 Hits EZX can now be loaded in the regular kick drum position.
- Selecting with the lasso at the edges of the Song Track no longer leads to unwanted scrolling.
- After tapping only 1 bar, only 1 bar is displayed in the tap2find area.
- Suggestions can be aborted before the process has completed.
- Edit Play Style changes are now applied upon quantizing.
- After quantizing in Edit Play Style pads are no longer deselected.
- New menu arrow button on the song part labels.
- Crash fix for multi-out routing change when a sample rate other than 44.1K was used.
- EZXs with no sounds in mics declared as Close no longer causes the engine to crash.
- Source files with a block type that cannot be determined should no longer cause a crash.
- Potential crash fix when trying to open database that doesnt exist.
- Occassional crash when switching Sound Library.
- Removing an instrument assigned as Powerhand no longer causes issues.
- On certain systems preview for the percussion pieces was silent.
- Velocity values 1 did not count as hits when using the amount control.
- The engine didn’t apply amount correctly if multiple instruments were selected.
- Intensity in searches was not drawn correctly.
- ‘Show in Browser’ now works with user mount points even if a User Libraries header is present.
- Slashes in file names should be treated more adequately.
- Metronome preview in standalone mode didn’t work.
- Stand alone no longer asks for path every time if PlugPath exist but is invalid.
- When creating a Toontrack account the dialog no longer states that the user should check their mail and verify the account as that is no longer needed.
- The ‘connection failed’ message now properly appears if failing to login to web shop MIDI.
- Other Online midi fixes.
- Some Copy from browser bug fixes.
- Some User MIDI folder fixes.
- Memory leaks should no longer occur.
The updates are now available for registered Superior Drummer and EZdrummer customers.
More information: Toontrack
Toontrack has announced the release of EZdrummer 2, an update to the virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac.
EZdrummer 2 takes drum production to a whole new level.
It was designed to erase any technical barrier between you and your creativity and introduces several groundbreaking features for quick and easy songwriting.
In EZdrummer 2, you can go from initial rhythmic idea to finished, mixed and customized drum track without ever leaving the program. This is without a doubt the best sounding, most intuitive and creatively gratifying software environment for drum production on the market – a perfect marriage of sound, form and function.
EZdrummer 2 features
- Revolutionary songwriting tools — EZdrummer 2 is tailored for creative songwriting and introduces the most streamlined and groundbreaking functionality on the market. Record straight into the program, customize drum parts on the fly, add percussion, lay out complete songs – all without ever leaving the program.
- Advanced search functionality — EZdrummer has several ways to let you find the perfect groove for your song – quick, easy and to the tee. Tap to find, search by genre, style or intensity – just to name a few options.
- New user interface — Deep functionality shouldn’t be intimidating, rather inviting and inspiring. That’s why a massive amount of work went into making sure EZdrummer 2 got the most intuitive user interface yet for any software of its kind.
- New sounds — EZdrummer 2 comes with two separate, massive drum libraries – one modern and one vintage setup. It also includes a selection of the most common percussion pieces.
- New sound shaping tools — EZdrummer 2 introduces several powerful yet easy to use tools for shaping your own, unique sound. Mix and match drums, create custom kits or hone your final output through intuitive effect controls!
- New audio engine — A completely remodeled engine – faster, leaner and producing significantly faster loading times, enhanced realism and overall audio quality.
EZdrummer 2 is available for purchase for MSRP $179 USD / 139 EUR. The upgrade price from EZdrummer 1.x is $99 USD / 79 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / EZdrummer 2
Time+Space has announced that EZdrummer users can now pre-order their upgrade to the upcoming EZdrummer 2 virtual drum instrument by Toontrack.
From today you can get a step closer to adding EZdrummer 2 to your set-up as Toontrack launch pre-orders on the EZdrummer 2 Upgrade.
Buy the Upgrade now and you’ll receive your serial number straight away. Register it at toontrack.com and on May 6th, EZDrummer 2 will be in your account and ready for you download!
Plus, buy your Upgrade from Time+Space and they’ll send you Ask Video’s forthcoming EZdrummer 2 Explored tutorial video for free when it’s released in May!
The upgrade to EZdrummer 2 is available for pre-order at Time+Space, priced at SRP £57 GBP / 69 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / EZdrummer 2 Upgrade