Toontrack has announced the release of the Rock Drums MIDI 6 Pack, a MIDI pack bundle including the new Basic Rock 2 library.
Most rock songwriters would agree that there is one essential thing one can never get too many of – drum grooves. Basic, down to earth rock beats that you can access at any given time when inspiration strikes. Because from great drums come great ideas. And from great ideas come great songs. And because a great song is never greater than its foundation, its heartbeat – the drums. This pack has just that – and then some.
The Rock Drums MIDI 6 Pack comes with six individual titles, all focusing entirely on rock drums. In total, more than 2,400 individually played grooves or fills, conveniently organized in song structure parts. Get all the heavy, pounding beats for your rock ballads, the crushing mid tempo grooves, the uptempo variations, the shuffles and of course all the fills you can dream of.
Rock Drums MIDI 6 Pack features
- Played by session drummers.
- Six individual titles.
- More than 2,400 individually played grooves or fills.
- A wide range of styles and tempos.
- Straight and/or swing in various time signatures.
The bundle is available for purchase for 79 EUR. The Back Rock 2 pack is also available separately for 25 EUR.
More information: Toontrack
Toontrack has announced the release of Reggae EZX, a new expansion pack for EZdrummer 2.
Arguably more so than in any genre, the rhythm section is the heart and soul of reggae. Coherently it forcefully pushes the music forward, always with the characteristic, steady beat of the drums at the very forefront.
The Reggae EZX takes the traditional sound and recording techniques of reggae drums and puts it in the powerful framework of today’s most intuitive tool for drum production, EZdrummer 2.
The Reggae EZX was recorded at Rub-a-Dub Studios in Stockholm, Sweden and comes with a unique and genuine collection of instruments, all handpicked for this session. It includes two full, single-headed custom drum kits, a generous selection of snares, percussion and traditional Binghi and clay hand drums.
Reggae EZX features
- Customized Yamaha Stage Custom and 1970s Premier drums.
- Two full kits (with alternative tuning/damping on two sets of toms).
- Traditional percussion pieces and hand drums.
- Effect chain presets for a wide range of sounds and styles.
- Includes a collection of reggae MIDI grooves.
The Reggae EZX is available for purchase for 69 EUR.
Toontrack has also launched Reggae Beats MIDI, the collection of additional reggae MIDI grooves (not included in the Reggae EZX).
A new MIDI pack, all focusing on the beats of reggae and roots music.
The trademark side stick beats, the rockers, the one drops, the steppers and the unmistakable fills!
The Reggae Beats MIDI pack costs 25 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Reggae EZX
Toontrack has released version 2.0.2 of EZdrummer 2, the virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac.
EZdrummer 2 takes drum production to a whole new level. It was designed to erase any technical barrier between you and your creativity and introduces several groundbreaking features for quick and easy songwriting. In EZdrummer 2, you can go from initial rhythmic idea to finished, mixed and customized drum track without ever leaving the program.
Changes in EZdrummer v2.0.2
- New articulations preview which also details MIDI note numbers available in the drum properties panel.
- Humanize alternatives are available from the ‘Menu’ in the top right corner of the interface.
- A user selectable, ‘number of outputs’ dialog popup in Sonar which enables compatibility with legacy EZdrummer 1 projects.
- Tap2find now syncs with the host.
- The context menu is now available on percussion pads in Edit Play Style.
- Multiple selection on percussion pads in Edit Play Style is now achievable.
- e-drum transformations are only applied to incoming MIDI.
- Improved e-drum transforms for Yamaha and Alesis modules.
- Many other improvements.
- EZdrummer 1 user kit presets are now available as intended.
- When loading EZdrummer 1 projects, percussion channels are now featured correctly.
- MIDI out no longer stops when closing the interface.
- Fixed lag when adjusting the velocity and amount controls on long MIDI files.
- Fixed an occasional crash when clicking favourites.
- Metronome volume correctly affects Tap 2 Find metronome volume.
- Quantize now works on percussion pads.
- Fixes of percussion when cut to special time signature.
- Many other bug fixes.
EZdrummer 2.0.2 is now available to download. This version is required for EZX expansion packs released from this point forward (Q3 2014).
More information: Toontrack / EZdrummer 2
Toontrack has released version 1.2.0 of EZkeys, the virtual piano instrument and songwriting tool for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended to all users running Windows 7/8 and Mac OS 10.9 or above. Note that version 1.2.0 is required for the support of EZkeys packs released from this point forward (Q3 2014).
Changes in EZkeys v1.2
- Various internal changes required for the Mellotoon.
- Added time signature 11/8.
- Dynamics settings now affect mouse-clicking of the keys.
- Checkboxes are now possible to toggle by clicking on their texts.
- Browser entries now have tooltips and long entries are properly truncated.
- When playing a file in the browser, it is now possible to change position in the playing file.
- The loop area in the time bar should be easier to hit with the mouse now.
- Improvements to song block snapping.
- With a trackpad on Mac, horizontal scrolling of the song track is now much smoother.
- New authorization dialogs – already registered serial numbers are automatically retrieved from the server.
- Fixed: the scissors would sometimes become graphically stuck on the song track.
- Fixed: add9 could not be added to a 13 major chord.
- Fixed: changing a chord that has its third as bass note (for example C/E) from major to minor or from minor to major now also changes the bass note accordingly (C/E becomes Cm/Eb).
- Fixed: when the song track was exported as MIDI, key signature was not saved.
- Fixed: sympathetic resonance would sometimes not be correctly working after a change of sound library.
- Fixed: after dragging MIDI from EZkeys, the next mouse click in the interface would be ignored.
- Fixed: the displayed chord is no longer reset and pressed keys are no longer graphically released after 5 seconds of inactivity.
- Fixed: song block MIDI is no longer drawn on different vertical positions depending on which sound library is loaded.
- Fixed: MIDI files from folders named “Endings” are now marked as Outro when dragged to the song track.
- Fixed: menus that were opened close to the bottom edge of the screen would open above the window (Mac 64-bit).
- Fixed: in the standalone, when using external displays on Mac OS X Mavericks or later, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen.
The EZkeys update is now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX).
More information: Toontrack / EZkeys
Toontrack has launched the Reggae EZmix Pack, a collection of EZmix 2 presets for reggae music production.
In this EZmix pack, Toontrack teamed up with Sweden’s premier reggae studio of the past three decades, Rub-a-Dub Studios, to dig deeper into the art of roots and reggae production.
”We did something unique this time”, says Ulf Edlund, Toontrack’s sound designer. ”We brought a digital rig and ran it alongside the analog setup at the studio. We then A/B tested and matched all tones and settings against that. We were really blown away by how the emulations in the back end of EZmix 2 performed”, he says.
The end result is an impressive collection of tape saturated, tube-sizzling and warm settings for a wide range of instruments and mix scenarios. It doesn’t only cover the essential guitar and bass tones, but comes with complete effect chains for drums, piano, organ, percussion, horns and vocals. On top of that, it has the genre’s characteristic aux bus effect presets with phasers, delays, plate and spring reverbs. And of course, the eternal, dwindling self feeding dub-delays. This pack paints a comprehensive picture of the distinct sonic landscape that is at the heart and soul of reggae. All that it leaves up to you is to voice your own expression and be creative.
The pack is available for purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Reggae EZmix Pack
More posts that match this tag
Toontrack has announced the release of EZkeyz Mellotoon, a virtual Mellotron instrument for Windows and Mac. EZkeys Mellotoon is based on the classic Mellotron keyboard introduced in the early 1960s. This unique instrument was the … read more
Time+Space has announced the release of new EZmix 2 Complete Production Bundles. EZmix 2 provides the tools to get the perfect sound for every instrument mix situation and now with the ‘Complete Production Bundle’ users … read more
Toontrack has announced Superior Summer, a limited time sale on the Superior Drummer virtual drum instrument and SDX expansion libraries. July is the perfect month to explore the wonderful world of Superior Drummer 2.0. And … read more
Outbound link: Toontrack
– Related: discounts
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jul 01, 2014 - 0 comments
Toontrack has announced the launch of a songwriting competition with a $10,000 cash grand prize as well as the market’s leading drum sampler EZdrummer 2 and the entire line of related expansion titles. Submission for … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of the Pop/Rock EZX expansion. The audio and MIDI content is derived from the original version EZdrummer, but now converted into an expansion for EZdrummer 2. The sound and MIDI … read more
Toontrack has released updated for its Superior Drummer 2 and EZdrummer 2 virtual drum instruments for Windows and Mac. Superior Drummer 2 Superior Drummer is the undisputed industry standard, award-winning and complete drum production studio … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of EZdrummer 2, an update to the virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac. EZdrummer 2 takes drum production to a whole new level. It was designed to erase any … read more
Time+Space has announced that EZdrummer users can now pre-order their upgrade to the upcoming EZdrummer 2 virtual drum instrument by Toontrack. From today you can get a step closer to adding EZdrummer 2 to your … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of the Classic Amps EZmix Pack, an expansion pack for the EZmix 2 multi-effect mix tool. The Classic Amps EZmix Pack presents 50 complete signal chain presets including amps, stomp … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of Jazz Ballads EZkeys MIDI, a new MIDI pack for the EZkeys Line. Jazz Ballads EZkeys MIDI comes with a wide selection of playing styles for all the creative facets … read more
Toontrack has announced EZdrummer 2, the second generation of the world’s most successful drum production software. “This is not just an update or a new digit added to the logo, it’s a completely new program, … read more
Toontrack has launched a limited time sale on its EXZ expansion libraries for EZdrummer. All through March and April, EZdrummer expansions (EZXs) are 40–50% off. Visit the Toontrack webshop or your local dealer to get … read more
Toontrack has released version 1.0.4 of its Beatstation sample-based software instrument, and version 2.0.9 of EZmix, the mixing tool for Windows and Mac. Beatstation 1.0.4 This update is recommended for all users but particularly for … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of the Ambient EZmix Pack, an expansion for the EZmix 2 multi-effect mix tool for Windows and Mac. The Ambient EZmix Pack features a collection of settings specifically aimed at … read more
Toontrack has announced the release of Ballads 2 EZkeys MIDI, a collection of MIDI files for the EZkeys virtual piano instruments. With Ballads 2 EZkeys MIDI, Toontrack continues to read between the lines of piano … read more