Overloud has announced the release of Tapedesk, a new audio effect plugin in the Gems series, dedicated to mixing and mastering.
Tapedesk combines a tape machine and multiple console models into a single plugin, to replicate the warm tones of an analog mixing workflow.
In the real world, a tape machine is always physically connected to a console. The sound enters into the console’s preamplifier, gets fed into the tape machine and is recorded to tape. From there the tape is played back and the audio again hits the console for mixing into its stereo bus.
Recreating this process using separate components is fairly complex but it is the only way to actually replicate the experience of mixing in analog. TAPEDESK automates all of these separate processes for you; you only need to insert the plugin on your tracks and enjoy the experience of mixing in an analog world.
Tapedesk is the ultimate tool for professional engineers who mix with no compromises.
- Simulation of 3 legendary analog consoles.
- Simulation of a 2 inch 24-track tape machine.
- Faithful interactions between the console and the tape machine.
- Precise metering in any point of the sound chain.
- Simulation of all transformers in the original units.
- Very low CPU usage: all your tracks can have one.
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions.
Tapedesk is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX/Standalone), at the introductory price of 129 EUR/USD until May 14th, 2017 (regular 199 EUR/USD).