Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Togu Audio Line releases TAL-Vocoder
Togu Audio Line has released TAL-Vocoder, a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80’s.
TAL-Vocoder includes analog modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform). This vocoder is optimized for voice processing and includes some algorithms for consonants to make the voice more intelligible.
- 11 band vocoder with adjustable volume.
- Adjustable harmonic control adds harmonics to the carrier signal.
- Adjustable speed of the envelope follower (smudge).
- Carrier VCO (saw, pulse, sub osc, noise – poly and mono mode with portamento).
- Mode for external carrier signals (left input channel as carrier, right channel as modulator).
- Stereo chorus.
- 14 presets, including presets from Dynamix II
- All sample rates supported.
TAL-Vocoder is available as freeware for Windows PC and Mac (VST/AU Universal Binaries).
Visit Togu Audio Line for more information.