ToneBoosters updates plug-ins to v2.8.6
ToneBooster has announced it has updated its effect plug-ins to version 2.8.6.
All Windows and OSX plugins have been updated to version 2.8.6; new downloads will be available soon at www.toneboosters.com. Please note that due to the significant changes in TB Flx, the update of this plugin is unfortunately not compatible with earlier versions!
Changes in ToneBoosters plug-ins v2.8.6
- All plugins
- Added check marks to drop-down menus.
- Added control and alt key modifiers to lock x/y-only movement for nodes.
- Added snap to zero functionality for nodes.
- Various GUI redraw CPU complexity reductions.
- Slightly increased font size in almost all plugins for better readability on high-resolution screens.
- Added output level control.
- Modified GUI color schemes; filter section control colors are now context dependent.
- Improved octave-based averaging in frequency analyzer.
- Doubled frequency resolution of the frequency analyser.
- Fixed GUI display bug when automating input gain level.
- Improved auto-saturation algorithm.
- Added mode without peak hold on VU meters in realtime analysis display.
- Almost complete redesign of the internal DSP core.
- Added 30 new filter prototypes, including non-resonating shelving filters, spectral balance filters, analog filters, and many others.
- Filters now have Q controls.
- Filters can now be set to process in stereo, mid, side, left or right modes.
- Automatic filter shape generation + visualization when in “node link” filter mode to give a smooth, interpolated EQ.
- Added additional, more traditional controls (frequency, gain) to facilitate easier editing.
- Improvement in spectrum analyzer frequency resolution – now features a 4096-point frequency analyzer with zoom functionality.
- Soft/hard knee compressor curve can now be set independently from the number of active nodes.
- Compressor nodes snap to X=Y for easier editing.
- Compressor side chain can use stereo, mid, side, left, right, or side/mid for input level detection.
- Added compressor make-up level control.
- Added processing “amount” control for each filter section.
- Context-dependent control colors to guide editing.
- Larger GUI for easier editing.
- Auto-phase option: equalizer phase automatically blends between linear and minimum phase for better transient response.
- Note: due to the significant changes in this plugin, the current version is not compatible with its initial release.
More information: ToneBoosters