Tonehammer releases Bamblong
Tonehammer has released Bamblong (bamboo log drum), a sample library of a small tuned percussion instrument, similar in principle to a marimba.
It has 4 bamboo resonance chambers, roughly ranging between 1½ – 2¼ inches wide and 8 – 14 inches long, with sound holes in the top of each. The playing surfaces are thin bamboo planks, suspended on pegs over each bamboo log. It came with a set of mallets with flat, round heads that appear to be carved out of bicycle tire. It has a very crisp yet mellow, raspy note with a short sustain.
- 26 instrument patches, 2.542 samples, 1.45 GB installed, 450 MB .rar download.
- Dry Mallets: Tuned, untuned, lite, with custom epic hall verb.
- Dry Brush: Strike, tuned, untuned, lite, with custom epic hall verb.
- Dry Brush Rolls with release samples: Rolls, with custom epic hall verb, with modwheel dynamics control, with modwheel dynamics control and custom epic verb.
- Wet Mallets with modwheel room size control: Tuned, untuned, lite.
- Bonus Sound Designed Bamboo Ambiences.
- 8 fully controllable dynamic soundscape patches with modwheel sculpting.
- 30 individual long looping tracks.
- 1 Custom melodic combo patch.
- 23 Custom Convolution Reverb Impulse Files (our favorite epic hall).
- Extensive read me install, patch and hint documentation (.pdf).
- Exclusive Mike/Troels talking about the library (mp3 interview).
- 44.1kHz/24bit stereo .wav formats.
- Format(s): Kontakt 2 and .wav.
Bamblong is available for purchase for $35 USD.
Visit Tonehammer for more information and audio demos.
Voxengo releases PHA-979 v2.0