Tonehammer releases Whale Drum
Tonehammer has released Whale Drum, a sample library for Kontakt.
The Whale Drum (aka Tongue / Slit drum) is one of the world’s oldest known instruments. Tongue drums are found around the globe in various cultures spreading from Africa, Asia to South America. The drums were originally made from holly piece of wood, which were struck to make tones. It is one of the few instruments considered older the the human voice itself.
Tonehammer decided to (re)visit this majestic instrument and deep-sample it once and for all. The end-result is a massive sample library containing over 3.000 samples following our standard 10/10 (10 velocity layers / 10 repetition).
Whale Drum features
- Whale Drum (dry & convolution) clacks
- Whale Drum (dry & convolution) brushes
- Whale Drum (dry & convolution) center based mallets
- Whale Drum (dry & convolution) edge based mallets
- Whale Drum (dry & convolution) crossfade center to edge mallets
- Whale Drum (natural wet) mallets
- Whale Drum (natural wet) sticks
- Baby Whale Drum (dry & convolution) sticks & mallets
- Small (Toy) Xylophone (dry & convolution) sticks & mallet
- Bonus section of 8 whale drum based MW-controlled ambiences
- Extensive read me (.pdf) install, patch and hint documentation.
- Listen to exclusive (.mp3) interview w/ Mike and Troels.
- 53 instrument patches, 3.300 Samples.
- 1.2 GB installed..
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav format.
- Format(s): .nki and .wav.
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 3 / 4 full retail versions required. Free Kontakt Player not supported.
Whale Drum is available to purchase for $59 USD.