u-he updates Zebra to v2.5
u-he has released version 2.5 of Zebra, a wireless modular synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It combines numerous synthesis techniques (subtractive, additive, fm, wavetable, etc.) with a powerful modulation engine that even smoothly integrates with the built-in effects section.
Unlike its analog predecessors Zebra has got an adaptive user interface that shows only what you can hear. You don’t have to worry about complexity – but it’s available when you need it!
Changes in Zebra v2.5
- New contrast rich user interface (and up to date Unempty Dark Horse skin).
- Comes with a new effect plugin, Zebrify, which puts all the goodness of Zebra on any audio track.
- Massively improved preset management (Favourites, Junk, drag’n’drop organisation, collapsible folders).
- MIDI Bank Select messages (CC#0) now iterate through directories within MIDI Programs.
- New installer on Windows with freely movable resource path.
- Unlimited undo/redo for parameter changes (gets flushed though when a new patch is loaded).
- Optionally works in 2.3 mode to ensure preset compatibility with previous versions of Zebra 2.x (existing presets automatically open in 2.3 mode).
- ModMatrix souped up to 12 slots.
- New Duophonic mode as seen in some vintage gear.
- Vastly improved XMF Filter module with 15 filter types and more – YouTube (click).
- New “SR Decimate” filter mode.
- Improved filter algorithms.
- More coherent volume among signal flow.
- New delay mode and non-syncing delay times.
- Improved ModMapper with variable step size and zoomable editor.
- New pre-delay for reverb.
- New Glide2 parameter which offsets Glide for modules with an even number (Osc2, Osc4, FMO2 etc.).
- Right-Click on any Tab and make it default – whenever you open a Zebra again, it’ll open at that tab.
- Bonus bank “Two Point Five” with 100+ amazing new presets by Howard Scarr.
- And more….
Zebra 2.5 is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for $199 USD.