Universal Audio releases Maag EQ4 Plug-In for AUD and Apollo
Universal Audio has announced the release of the Maag EQ4 plug-in for the UAD platform.
In a self-professed quest for “audio perfection,” Cliff Maag designed the EQ4 to provide unparalleled transparency and top-end presence while maintaining a true, natural sound. Based on his classic — and long-discontinued — NTI EQ3 from the ’80s, the EQ4 features Maag’s legendary Air Band control, a major component to the vocal mix chain on Madonna’s Ray of Light as well as Celine Dion’s Taking Chances. Now, owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware can record and mix with an exacting digital emulation of this unique EQ.
Maag EQ4 features
- Adds presence to vocals, acoustic guitars, and overheads.
- Elevates treble frequencies without harshness or hiss.
- Five-position Air Band control.
- Adjusts overall EQ level with an added Trim control.
- Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by Brainworx.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
Maag EQ4 is available to purchase for $229 USD.