Voxengo has released version 2.1 of Polysquasher, a mastering compressor plug-in for professional audio and sound production applications.
Polysquasher was designed with a main goal: to be transparent. Transparent compression action is a cornerstone for any mastering compressor. Transparency of audio signal processing is necessary to preserve all existing elements in the mix, while compression itself is necessary to make the mix sound uniform to other mixes (tracks) and to make it sound more solid and “glued”.
Changes in Polysquaher v2.1
- Ratio can now be entered without the trailing “:1”.
- Loudness bursts on some parameter changes resolved.
- Graphics view position readout added.
- Graphics view “hold” function implemented.
- Input/output graph colors changed for more contrast.
- Zooming scrollers were added to the graphics view.
- Crashes on Mac OS X related to Wave/GR graph switching resolved.
Polysquasher is available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers, priced at $69.95 USD.