Wolfgang Palm has announced PPG WaveMapper, the second next-generation iOS based synthesizer by Wolfgang, which allows the user the opportunity to create limitless sounds from a unique and powerful new technology.
PPG WaveMapper features the Sound Map, which maps the various sounds in a way to easily access and experiment with them, more importantly the PPG WaveMapper features a new synthesis system which maps the waveforms of a sound into a new kind of wavetable which preserves the sound characteristics better than classic Wavetable synthesis and at the same time allows for the manipulations which make WT synthesis so unique.
PPG WaveMapper features
- New Sound map concept – create new sounds playful and experimental.
- 3 types of synthesis – the optimal type for kind of each sounds.
- Classic wavetables – for the typical PPG sounds.
- Time compressed samples – more authentic sounds, allowing analysis of user samples.
- Pure samples – classic sample playback Analyzer – convert your own samples into the new format or into wavetables.
- 3 oscillators capable for totally independent sound sources.
- 90 sound resources – a huge sound palette, from real instruments to abstract wavetables.
- 4 parameter editor pages – comfortable and detailed access to all the parameters.
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations.
- Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for independent control of pitch, waveform, filter and noise.
- gain and panning.
- 4 LFOs – with 5 waveforms.
- Delay/Reverb effect.
- Flexible Step Sequencer / Arpeggiator combination.
- Schematic touch keyboard – Build your own keyboard, with the keys you prefer for your music.
- Powerful sound browser – sorting by category, bank management.
- Virtual and Hard-MIDI in/out – sending/receiving keys and controllers.
The app is scheduled for release in February 2013, priced at $19.99 USD.
More information: PPG WaveMapper