Wolfgang Palm releases WaveGenerator synthesizer plugin
Wolfgang Palm has announced the release of PPG WaveGenerator for Mac OS X and Windows, a synthesizer instrument that was first released for iOS.
Now the same great synth takes advantage of the additional power found on desktop and laptop computers to allow users to use this as a in their favourite Mac and PC DAW as a 64 or 32 bit VSTi. AU is to planned to follow shortly.
The PPG WaveGenerator comes with a multitude of wavetables. The sound material contains the typical sounds from the original PPG wave models, as well as many new sounds generated by versatile analysis tools and also hand edited waves. This plugin enables the user, to create his own wavetables in a playful way, and to hear the result immediately. Also you can construct the waves by adding harmonics very precise.
PPG WaveGenerator features
- Creation of your own waves and wavetables.
- Playful sound creation simply by drawing or picking harmonics.
- 256 waves assembled within a wave grid.
- 3 Audio Oscillators.
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations.
- Classic 24 dB low pass filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain, and panning.
- 4 LFOs.
- Powerful Step Sequencer with playback arpeggiator.
- Delay/Reverb effect.
- Audio engine with 2 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
- Directly accessible context help for each module.
- Transform pictures into a sound.
- Free configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation possibilities.
- PPG WaveGenerator comes with more than 300 sounds of all categories, created by our sound designer team.
- Transfer patches from the iPad app to the desktop app.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST) for 99 EUR. AU support is coming soon.