The firmware for the Zoom H4 Handy Recorder has been updated to version 2.0.
Changes in v2.0
- Support for SDHC cards over 4GB
- Adopted a larger display font to be easier to read
- Indicates the battery capacity and recordable time at the top of the screen
- Added a File Dividing function to create separate files for each song from a long-hours of live recording
- Added a Low-Cut filter to reduce wind noise and breath popping
- Added an MP3 post-encoding funciton which can convert recorded WAV files into MP3s
- Added a Mono Mix function for the purpose of Electronic News Gathering
- Added an Auto Recording function enables you to start recording automatically when the input signal exceeds a certain level
- Added a Normalize function lets you increase the audio level of the recorded file at a maximum
Visit Zoom’s H4 download page for more information, links to download the lastest firmware and a supplemental manual.