Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Zoom H4 firmware updated to v2.0
The firmware for the Zoom H4 Handy Recorder has been updated to version 2.0.
Changes in v2.0
- Support for SDHC cards over 4GB
- Adopted a larger display font to be easier to read
- Indicates the battery capacity and recordable time at the top of the screen
- Added a File Dividing function to create separate files for each song from a long-hours of live recording
- Added a Low-Cut filter to reduce wind noise and breath popping
- Added an MP3 post-encoding funciton which can convert recorded WAV files into MP3s
- Added a Mono Mix function for the purpose of Electronic News Gathering
- Added an Auto Recording function enables you to start recording automatically when the input signal exceeds a certain level
- Added a Normalize function lets you increase the audio level of the recorded file at a maximum
Visit Zoom’s H4 download page for more information, links to download the lastest firmware and a supplemental manual.