Ableton has announced the release of Beat Tools, a sound pack featuring more than 120 Drum and Instrument Racks, over 180 loops for slicing, tweakable effects chains and more. The Pack is set up for sparking ideas and keeping you in your flow – especially with Push.
Developed by a team of producers and sound designers including Sound Oracle, Mic Checkmate and Michele Darling, this collection of sounds puts everything you need for making beats in one place. Drum Racks are packed with percussive hits, bass and melodic samples so you can work on tight-knit ideas for groove and melody together. And more than 100 Instrument Racks offer a huge sound palette to create a range of moods – from weighty bass and smooth electric pianos, to icy pads and sharp leads.
Plus there are 182 audio loops for chopping up and creating new grooves and melodies, as well as almost 100 MIDI clips for reworking into your own beats, and showing you what the kits can do.
Beat Tools features
- 102 Instrument Racks – including bass, keys, leads, pads and effects, designed for Live’s native synths or multisampled from analog gear.
- 27 Drum Racks – from crisp drum machine rhythms to lo-fi samples, with tweakable Effect Racks .
- 97 MIDI clips & 182 audio loops – premade kit patterns and audio loops and phrases to slice, rework and spark ideas of your own.
- 15 Effect Racks – creative chains set up for using the eight Macro controls to maximum effect. .
- 5 demo sets – Live sets that showcase some the Pack’s creative potential.
- Samples provided by MVP Loops and MSX Audio.
Beat Tools is available for purchase for 49 EUR. The pack is free for Live 9 Suite and Push owners.