accSone has announced an update to the crusher-X granular synthesizer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Version 9.52 adds an integrated, interactive quick-start tutorial that leads you through the basics of crusher-X. It also comes with support for older crusher-X sound packs; the associated samples of the patches are now loaded automatically in the DCO.
Its powerful live, polyphonic, multichannel granular synthesis algorithm creates very complex sounds, drones and outstanding surround effects. Since 1999, the crusher-X trademark has been “the” granular effect standard. crusher-X is used by famous sound-designers, composers, musicians and film-makers all over the world. It comes with GCOs, an Autotune and Pitch tracking system, up to 10-channel surround outputs, up to 199 individual grain streams, unique 3D grain visualization, over 4300 LFOs, over 410 real-time parameters and more than 190 presets.
Changes in crusher-X v9.52
- Adds an integrated interactive quick-start tutorial that introduces the main workflow and elements of crusher-X.
- Adds VST3 Bypass parameter and button.
- Adds backward compatible automatic loading of sample files for Soundpackages and crusherX-Live! sheets.
- Adds a visual representation for samples that are below -60dB in the Wave Drop view (if there is a sample in the grain buffer that is not zero one will see it).
- Adds a “Clear Audio Folder” button in global settings.
- Increases mouse and mouse wheel sensitivity on Generator Wheel.
- Increases the amount of files that can be shown in a load selector to 2048.
- Removes the automatic switch to the Delay Grain Modulation Tab while changing the Delay with the mouse or mouse wheel in the Wave Drop view (improves live performance handling).
- Fixes a minimal pixel paint issue in the Wave Drop view.
- MacOS M1: Fixes a seldom crash on AU validation.
The update is free to owners of a crusher-X 9 license. New users can purchase the software for 289 EUR or upgrade/crossgrade for 99 EUR. All prices incl. VAT, which will be removed for customers outside EU.
More information: accSone