Bram Bos has released Perforator, a new rhythmic gate mask effect for iOS that lets you add rhythm to simple sustained sounds.
It’s a rhythmic gating audio effect: it will creatively snip, cut, gap and filter incoming audio to create rhythmic patterns out of your pads, strings, drones or any other audio stream you feed through it.
By tuning the slice envelopes you can create anything from classic staccato “trance gate” sounds to emulations of sloppy pumping sidechain compression. Two gating mechanisms can be dialled in: an AMP EG gate (the traditional way of gating) and a 12dB/Oct lowpass filter which will rapidly carve away high frequencies from your sound to effectively silence them.
- AUv3 Audio Effect, works in all AU compatible hosts.
- Automatically syncs with your project’s tempo.
- Edit Left an Right channel independently.
- Built-in preset manager with a ton of factory presets.
- All AU Parameters exposed for host automation.
- Universal: works on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Bonus Feature: AU MIDI output (requires iOS11+ and a host compatible with AU MIDI from effects).
Perforator is available from the App Store for $3.99 USD.
More information: Bram Bos