AudioThing has released version 1.2 of Outer Space, the audio effect plugin that offers an emulation of the Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
As the original unit, Outer Space features a tape echo section with three playback heads and a spring reverb tank. We have modelled three different tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording/playback.
We’ve also modelled the ballistic response of the delay rate (repeat rate) which can create eerie pitch shifts (due to the Doppler effect), one of the classic tape echo-based sound effects.
Changes in Outer Space v1.2
- Improved: All additional controls are now available in a dropdown panel.
- Improved: CPU performance on both Echo and Reverb sections.
- Added: Global option to switch Echo and Reverb Volume parameters curve (linear or audio taper).
- Added: VST3 plugin format.
- Added: 10 New Presets.
- Fixed: MAC with High Sierra (APFS) presets scrambled.
- Fixed: Wet Only Lock bug.
- Fixed: Minor graphic glitches.