Akai Professional has announced the iMPC music production app for iPad.
Turn your iPad into an MPC. With more than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring all the functionality of a classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPad.
Developed in partnership with Retronyms, iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPad, using the line input on the iPad, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
- More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences.
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library.
- Sample from iPad mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface.
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio.
- In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder.
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer.
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning.
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play.
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples.
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats.
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback.
- Simple drag and drop program creation.
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter.
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing.
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch.
- Supports WIST, wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg.
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps.
- AudioPaste samples from compatible apps.
- Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for for iMPC owners.
- Route to and use with your favorite Tabletop Effects and devices.
- Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices.
- Use with Tabletop’s Timeline Editor.
The iMPC is available to purchase for $6.99 USD.