Akai Professional has released the EWI USB, an electronic wind instrument for musicians looking for an easy-to-play, easy-to-use controller.
EWIs are the only choice for serious wind players looking to make music electronically. While EWI USB is easy and fun to use, it’s also powerful, flexible, and most importantly reliable enough for use on stage and in the studio by professional musicians.
EWI USB features
- Mouthpiece: air-pressure level sensor & bite sensor.
- Note Keys: 13 touch sensors.
- Octave Rollers: 2 mobile, 2 fixed touch sensors (5-octave range).
- Bend Plates: 2 touch sensors.
- Ground Plates: 2 touch sensors.
- Custom Garritan Aria Player software, contains wind instrument sounds.
- Multiple fingering modes: sax, traditional EWI, flute, oboe, and EVI brass.
- Expandable sound palette.
- Removable, dishwasher-safe mouthpiece.
- Class-compliant, plug-and-play USB device.
- MIDI Output Channels Over USB: 1.
- Mac and PC compatible.
- Includes: EWI USB wind instrument, neck strap, cleaning cloth, USB cable, software DVD, quick start guide and safety instructions.
The EWI USB is now shipping to musical instrument and pro audio retailers and will be available for an MSRP of $499 USD.
Visit Akai Professional for more information.