Allen & Heath has introduced the ICE-16D, an alternative version of the ICE-16 multi-track recorder launched last year.
Both units are 16 In/16 Out audio interfaces, allowing performers and audio engineers to easily capture high quality multi-track recordings direct to a USB drive or interface to a computer. Additionally, the ICE-16D has balanced I/O, designed for those customers using the unit in a studio environment or requiring fully balanced inputs & outputs on AES59 standard D Sub connectors.
Fitted into a compact 1U rack design, ICE-16 and ICE-16D are capable of studio quality interfacing, converting and bi-directional streaming of 16 channels over high-speed USB or FireWire at 24 bit, 96kHz resolution. Alternatively, 16 channels can be simultaneously recorded straight to a USB hard drive or memory stick at up to 24bit 48kHz resolution as a .wav file. The unit is expandable, so you can link units together and synchronize recording of many channels.
Signal and peak metering is provided for each channel and can be switched to show input or output. Headphone monitoring is also included and switches on each channel enable checking of individual or multiple channels. ASIO drivers and Core Audio compliance ensure full compatibility with all the main DAWs, including Logic, Sonar, Cubase and Pro Tools.
- 16 analogue Inputs, 16 analogue Outputs.
- Front USB socket for quick capturing to USB mass storage devices.
- Hybrid FireWire (IEE1394) / USB2 .0 16×16 audio interface.
- Industry standard wav file format.
- Up to 6 hours of 16 channel audio on a 32GB USB stick.
- Signal Present and Peak LED metering on each channel.
- Mono headphone bus for Input or Output monitoring.
- Daisy chain multiple units over FireWire.
- Familiar Transport buttons and intuitive control.
The ICE-16D will be available in September 2013, priced at SRP £825 ex. VAT.