The modular sound design environment Alpha Forever Modular has been recently updated with new modules and workflow enhancements.
The polyphonic modular synthesizer software for Windows now comes with the following new nodes:
- Frequency Shifter: Shifts all harmonics by a given frequency.
- Reverb: Reverb with a dense tail.
- Euclid: Distributes triggers in a sequence.
- Chebyshev: Waveshaper that outputs different harmonics of a sine wave.
- Custom Envelope: Tempo-synced envelope that allows drawing the curvature of the attack and release phases.
- Filter 2p RC Modulated: Multimode 2 pole filter, where the resonance can be controlled depending on the cutoff frequency.
- Filter 4p RC Modulated: Multimode 4 pole ladder filter, where the resonance can be controlled depending on the cutoff frequency.
The update also includes new and enhanced presets, custom functions in which the position of the curve points is now relative to the position of the control points, and control points on the GUI do not scale when zoomed in, making dense grid editing easier.
The ‘Mixer 4 lin’ node now outputs the modulated value of its parameters, Multiconnect lets you connect a wire to multiple nodes in one step, and the Filter 4p NL Modulated was updated with an enhanced algorithm which is faster and better sounding.
Minor stability and performance improvements have also been implemented.
Alpha Modular Forever is available for Windows (64-bit VST) for USD $80 USD.