IK Multimedia has announced that all users of AmpliTube 5, including the free AmpliTube 5 CS, can claim the software version of the new AmpliTube X-DRIVE distortion pedal (149.99 USD/EUR value) absolutely for free.
This software-only version gives you all 16 new overdrive and distortion effects found in the X-DRIVE hardware pedal. You’ll be able to record, create and save presets within AmpliTube and use them onstage if you choose to own the hardware pedal as well.
Here’s how to redeem and get started with your AmpliTube X-DRIVE virtual distortion pedal:
- Log into or register an IK account and head over to your User Area.
- Follow the pop-up message to Redeem your promotional item and sign up for the Newsletter, if you’re not already subscribed.
- Download and open the IK Product Manager.
- Select “Manage My Products”, then using the “Software” tab click the ” Install” and “Authorize” button to the right of AmpliTube 5.
- If you’re already authorized, hover over the Authorize button and click “Re-Authorize”.
- Now start up AmpliTube 5 and click “Collection” on the right side of the display.
- Go to the bottom and click on “X-GEAR series”.
- Select “X-DRIVE” to drag it to your signal chain.
AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop comes with 42 must-have pedals, amps, cabinets, mics and rack FX, plus the 16 effects found in AmpliTube X-DRIVE, which are all yours to keep.
The offer is valid February 25th, 2022.
More information: IK Multimedia