Analogue Solutions has launched Treadstone, a new synthBlocks series synthesizer device that is aimed at laptop and audio plugins-focused musicians wishing to apply analog, hands-on hardware sound-sculpting creativity to their computer-based creations.
Taking the same smart, small, and affordable desktop design-driven analogue attributes of its siblings Mr Hyde and Dr Strangelove, the new Treadstone true analog mono synth packs a lot of (patchable) punch into a perfectly-matched, portable package.
Treadstone treads far from carefully, but boldly goes where few analogue synthesizers dare to win… with an all-analogue audio path and modulation circuits based on superior-sounding designs dating back to the mid-Seventies, so no CPU (Central Processing Unit) stabilised and quantised circuits, no DCOs (Digitally-Controlled Oscillators), and no digital EGs (Envelope Generators), as are often found on other ‘all-analogue’ affairs. Analogue as in really analogue — aside from the MIDI-to-CV circuit (which, by its very nature, must include a digital element) — in other words.
- Full rugged steel/aluminium case – no plastic mouldings.
- Good quality smooth, fully sealed against dust.
- Good quality knobs with spun aluminium caps.
- High grade double sided circuit board.
- Analogue discrete VCO, analogue SSM style 24db filter.
- High Quality 16bit DAC for MIDI-CV conversion Stable MIDI to CV.
- MIDI converter.
- MIDI loop sequencer.
- LFO, Noise, Sub Osc, EG, PWM, lofi digital echo.
- Analogue voice and modulation circuits.
- Stable analogue oscillator.
- Designed, built, tested and assembled in the UK.
- True retro analogue voice and modulation circuits used in the synth element to give an authentic retro.
- Real solid wood (not ply!)
The Treadstone synthBlock is available for £499 GBP / $599 USD / 589 EUR. Prices including VAT where applicable.
More information: Analogue Solutions