Andrew Reeman has announced an update to the Spectral Suite, a free collection of audio manipulation plugins for Windows.
Version 2.0.0 uses the JUCE framework to completely rewrite the user interface of the plugins for a more consistent and simplified experience.
The Spectral Suite is a collection of audio plugins that utilise the FFT algorithm to manipulate the spectral components of the input audio.
The Spectral Suite includes:
- Spectral Gate: Only allow frequencies above or below a particular cutoff. This is great for only allowing the strongest frequencies through.
- Frequency Shifter: Shift frequencies up or down a specified amount. Excellent for transforming human vocals into a metallic robotic sound.
- Bin Scrambler: Randomly map the amplitudes of one frequency component to another. This is a great effect for completely transforming a sound.
- Frequency Magnet: Shift frequencies to gradually focus on a particular frequency.
- Sinusoidal Shaped Filter: Applies a sinusoidal shape over the amplitudes of the frequency components.
The plugin suite is available for download in VST3 format for Windows. AU for Mac is scheduled for a future update.
For more free FFT goodness make sure to check the DtBlkFx plugin as well.
More information: Spectral Suite