Apogee blends the professional-grade performance of Symphony I/O Mk II with the simplicity and portability of the iconic Apogee Duet to deliver the ultimate desktop audio interface, the Symphony Desktop.
The audio interface features flagship AD/DA conversion and mic preamps, a dynamic touch-screen interface with single knob control and hardware DSP with Apogee FX plugins and mic pre modeling.
Symphony Desktop for Mac, iPad pro and Windows packs the legendary sound quality of Apogee’s rack-mount Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant and inspiring 10×14 audio interface that sits on your desk and fits in your bag. With Symphony Desktop, musicians and producers are empowered to record, overdub and mix with the music industry’s most respected AD/DA converters and mic preamps.
By combining superior performance, with new features like mic preamp emulation, the Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin and ultra low latency recording with hardware DSP and Apogee native FX plugins, Symphony Desktop will amplify your creativity in your studio or on the go and give your recordings the Apogee sound quality Advantage.
Symphony Desktop features
- Most affordable Symphony series interface ever.
- Cutting edge components and circuit design deliver detailed and pristine flagship sound quality.
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps, up to 75dB of gain, variable impedance.
- FET instrument input with electric guitar tube amp charcteristics.
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation (Analog processing + DSP modeling) Includes British Solid State & 50s American Tube.
- Built-in hardware DSP processing of Apogee FX Rack plugins.
- Includes Symphony ECS Channel Strip Tuned by Bob Clearmountain – Native and hardware DSP versions with EQ, Compression and Saturation.
- Includes Symphony Reverb – Native version.
- Flexible, zero latency plugin workflows: Print, Monitor and DualPath Link workflows.
- Dynamic touch screen display for comprehensive hardware control.
- 2 assignable headphone outputs: 1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8”.
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio.
- MIDI over USB.
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT,S/PDIF).
- Works with: macOS, Windows, iPad Pro.
The Symphony Desktop will be available in Q1 2020, priced $1,299 USD. Symphony Desktop FX Complete will be $1,399 USD (includes Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec MEQ-5, ModEQ 6, ModComp and Opto-3A plugins, a $499 USD value).
More information: Apogee