Applied Acoustics Systems has released Chromaphone 2, an acoustic object synthesizer plugin that offers melodies, beats, and crazy soundscapes.
Version 2 of Chromaphone features an updated interface, new equalizer and compressor modules, a new multi-effect processor, a new drumhead resonator, and more.
Chromaphone 2 is a synthesizer which uses acoustic resonators to create drum, percussion, mallet, string, and other unique instruments. Drumheads, bars, marimbas, plates, strings, and tubes are combined into pairs and played by a configurable mallet and a flexible noise source. A proprietary coupling technology, which models precisely how vibrating objects interact and influence each other, captures key acoustic behaviours of musical instruments, resulting in a library of truly expressive instruments in a vast range of sonic colours.
Chromaphone 2 ships with a new streamlined interface, a new equalizer and compressor module, a new multi-effect processor, a new drumhead resonator, and more. The factory library has been completely redesigned and includes presets by artists and sound designers Sean Divine, Thiago Pinheiro, Daniel Stawczyk, and Christian Laffitte.
“There is nothing quite like Chromaphone with its mix of acoustic modeling and synth-like features,” says Philippe Dérogis, CTO of Applied Acoustics Systems. “Its sonic palette is remarkable and it reproduces the feel and responsiveness of reallife acoustic instrument. With this new version, Chromaphone now benefits from a full multi-effect module and an arpeggiator, which greatly expands its scope, but, most importantly, we have reviewed every module in order to give Chromaphone a sharper response and make it even more responsive and expressive.”
Changes in Chromaphone 2
- Factory library — The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- Drumhead resonator — This new model reproduces precisely how a real drumhead vibrates resulting in super realistic and responsive drums and percussions.
- Envelope mode — The envelope generator for the noise source is now equipped with an AHD mode for carving precise one-shots.
- Noise filter bank — The noise source spectrum can now be tailored with a 10-band filter bank for fine control of the tone.
- Low-cut filter — Resonators have been complemented with a low-cut filter to control the clarity of an instrument response.
- Arpeggiator — Add motion and give a new perspective to sounds with the new built-in arpeggiator module.
- Source mixer — Fine control of the mallet and noise sources to shape the attack and sustain phase of sounds with precision.
- Compressor and equalizer — These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Limiter — The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Streamlined interface — Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Chromaphone 2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files — Chromaphone 2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- Overhauled effects — Reinvigorated and polished, Chromaphone 2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- Backward compatible with Chromaphone 1 presets — Simply copy your banks from Chromaphone 1 in Chromaphone 2‘s bank folder to convert them.
Chromaphone 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for $199 USD. For a limited time, a purchase includes the brand new Synbiosis sound bank by Daniel Stawczyk for free. Previous Chromaphone owners can upgrade for $29 USD during the sale (regular $39 USD).
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems