Arturia has announced the imminent release of the MiniBrute 2 synthesizer, the first of three new products which will all be available at stores from late February 2018.
The MiniBrute 2 is a 25-key analog monosynth with a semi-modular architecture. It bridges the gap between traditional synthesizer instruments and the exciting world of modular.
Shares many of the same iconic features that made its predecessor such a success, MiniBrute 2 includes mixable oscillators, the acidic Steiner-Parker filter, and the chaotic Brute Factor. While keeping many of its signature elements, the tone-shaping potential of MiniBrute 2 has been almost exponentially increased.
The reimagined MiniBrute now features semi-modular architecture, adding a comprehensive CV/Gate patch matrix that allows users to both rework its internal signal routing, but also expand into the blossoming world of modular. It also features the same high quality, aftertouch-enabled keybed found in their flagship MatrixBrute synth, making it a joy to play. Truly an instrument designed for musicians by musicians.
Arturia’s latest small-but-mighty monosynth is the successor to their debut analog instrument, the MiniBrute. The first incarnation was released in 2012, and turned the industry on its head, offering a unique, affordable analog synth experience with attitude.
MiniBrute 2 also features exciting new features that greatly expand its potential, both as the focal point of a creative studio, and as a road-ready performance platform. One of these features includes the new Arturia Link, an exciting innovation that will help unify and democratize your creative environment.
More information on the Link system and how it integrates with other devices will be released shortly.
MiniBrute 2 features
- Mixable, multi-waveform VCO1 and VCO2 with sound shapers: Sawtooth, Ultrasaw, Square, Pulse, Triangle, Metalizer, and Sine waves, with fine and coarse tuning modes, noise generator, and external input.
- Steiner-Parker multimode filter with beefy, acidic tone, capable of self-oscillation. Featuring low pass, high pass, band pass, notch, and bypass.
- ADSR envelope generator, and extra multi-mode, CV-controllable AD filter.
- Brute Factor adds subtle drive effects to full blown intermodulation havoc.
- Comprehensive CV Gate modulation matrix with 48 patch points, letting you control many elements of the synthesizer and sequencer.
- Two LFOs with multiple waveforms, able to run in sync with the sequence
- Intuitive Sequencer and Arpeggiator, syncable with MIDI and USB.
- High quality 25-note MatrixBrute-style keyboard, with octave controls and assignable pitch bend range, modulation, and aftertouch.
- Line out, headphone output, dedicated MIDI I/O and USB connectivity.
To get a good look at MiniBrute 2 in action, and to hear how it sounds, check out the official Arturia MiniBrute 2 announcement video, featuring London-based trip-hop act The Salvador Darlings.
Arturia will be showcasing all three of the new products at the NAMM 2018 Show, at booth #11910.