Arturia has announced the latest generation of its KeyLab MIDI controller line.
KeyLab MkII combines the comprehensive control of the classic original KeyLab with the streamlined workflow and smart features of KeyLab Essential, while adding exciting new features and a new level of quality, expression, and luxury.
Both 49-key and 61-key versions of KeyLab MkII feature Arturia’s Pro-Feel action, the same lusciously playable keybed as the MatrixBrute and MiniBrute 2. Sensitive enough to accurately capture the subtleties and nuances of delicate playing, while still being robust enough to feel the energy of high-impact playing.
Every version of KeyLab MkII also offers 16 RGB-backlit, multi-function performance pads which can be used in a huge variety of ways, whatever suits your performance style or studio needs best. Trigger custom chords, activate samples, quickly switch user maps, KeyLab MkII puts the “control” firmly back into “controller”.
A gateway to software, KeyLab MkII features 9 rotary encoders, 9 faders, and a selection of fully assignable buttons to give you unfettered access to your virtual instruments, effects, and recording environment. Send and receive CV / gate data to bridge the gap between modular and MIDI, with a fully customizable setup.
To allow for maximum expression, and to put that unmistakable “human touch” into your music, KeyLab MkII features multiple expression pedal inputs, that can be assigned to whatever parameters you desire in your DAW or virtual instruments, and sports robust, luxurious machined metal pitch and mod wheels. Truly a live-performers dream!
KeyLab MkII features
- MIDI and USB compatible controller with recording software control thanks to the MCU/HUI protocol.
- 49 or 61 Arturia Pro-Feel semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and pressure sensitivity.
- Rugged aluminium chassis.
- Metal pitch bend and modulation wheels.
- 4 CV outputs and 1 CV input for modular connectivity.
- DAW Commands with magnetic overlays.
- Total Analog Lab integration with dedicated “Category” buttons for quick navigation.
- Three banks of 9 MIDI-assignable knobs, faders, and RGB buttons, preconfigured to work with Analog Lab 3 instruments.
- 16 backlit RGB multi-function pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity.
- 2 customizable chord modes.
- 32-character LCD screen.
- Sustain and expression pedal inputs, as well as 3 additional auxiliary pedal inputs.
KeyLab MkII is available in both white and black finishes, and in both 49 and 61-key versions priced at 449 EUR and 499 EUR, respectively.
More information: Arturia