Arturia has announced availability of Pigments 2, an update to the powerful twin engine, modulatable software synthesizer.
Version 2 introduces impressive new features such as sample playback, granular synthesis, a revamped sequencer, a new filter, delay effect, and new presets to show off all these new abilities.
Get ready to add a whole new level of color and depth to your music. Pigments is a hugely versatile software synth that combines virtual analog, wavetable, sampling, and granular synthesis all in one instrument.
It makes advanced modulations seem like child’s play, so you can bring your sounds to life with animations, sequences, macros, and bring it all together with incredible effects. Pigments hits the perfect balance of sounding incredible and having hugely powerful features, while at the same time being intuitive and easy to use.
Pigments 2 has a revamped interface.
Changes in Pigment 2
- New Sample Engine: Explore hundreds of samples, import your own, load them into one of 6 different slots with 6 playback modes. Loop, edit, and bring them to life with Pigments’ modulation abilities.
- New Granular Mode: Add another level to your sound design by transforming samples into granular synth patches at the touch of a button, adjust density, envelope, size, and exciting randomization parameters.
- New Sequencer: The in-built sequencer now lets you apply randomness in a non-destructive way, letting you always return back to where you started, perfect for live performance and improvisation.
- New Filter and Delay: Arturia has added the iconic sound of the Buchla Easel low pass gate and a space-age tape echo to Pigments’ sonic arsenal, for some seriously nice warping, contorting analog flavor.
- Refined Features: New interface, MPE capability, new undo/redo functionality and enhanced modulation bar await you.
- New Presets: Hundreds of breathtaking new sounds that show off the new features, for you to explore and use in your tracks.
Existing users can update for free in the Arturia Software Center. The plugin comes in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats and standalone software for Windows and Mac.
New users can purchase Pigments 2 at a special intro price from the Arturia website and distributor Plugin Boutique, priced 99 USD/EUR until January 7th, 2020. Exclusive deals will be available for existing Arturia customers and V Collection owners.
Pigments 2 is also available on Splice’s Rent-to-Own platform for $9.99 USD/month until you pay off the retail price, then own it forever.