AudioThing has released an update to the Reels tape emulation plugin with a built-in echo section.
Version 1.2 now features both tape-start and tape-stop effects.
Based on an old Japanese portable tape recorder with a very distinct Lo-Fi analog sound, Reels emulates all the imperfections of consumer reel-to-reel recorders.
We have modeled three different 1/4” tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording / playback.
Reels will add a very rough retro analog sound to your mixes. If you are looking for a Hi-Fi mastering tape emulation, this is not the plugin for you!
Changes in Reels v1.2
- Added: Tape Start Effect.
- Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support.
- Added: Parameter Lock.
- Added: Edit Value option for Knobs.
- Added: Notification System.
- Improved: Tape Stop Algorithm, now up to 10sec.
- Improved: CPU and memory usage.
- Fixed: Echo section pitch issue when starting playback.
- Fixed: Hiss and Motor Noise bug when Echo is active.