AudioThing has announced an update to the convolution-based plugin effect designed to emulate a wide range of loudspeakers and microphones.
Version 1.2.1 of Spreakers adds new speaker and mic models, macOS 12 Monterey support, and more.
Shape any sound like it’s being played by an old telephone, radio, or classic cabinet; or shape it like it’s being recorded by a vintage ribbon microphone or even a toy recorder.
Speakers features a freely configurable effects chain, comprising compression, distortion, and filtering, as well as an array of looping background noises for setting the sound in a variety of environments.
Changes in Speakers v1.2.1
- Added: 1 speaker model (Card Reader).
- Added: 2 mic models (Card Reader, Sound Level Meter).
- Added: macOS 12 Monterey support.
- Added: Option to change Pitch Unit (speed and semitones).
- Added: French language.
- Improved: Removed wrong tail from some models.
- Improved: Updated graphic resources.
- Improved: Bit Crusher sound quality.
- Fixed: Bit Crusher initialisation issue on Windows.
- Fixed: Background Noise not recalling properly in Maschine 2.
Speakers for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3, AU and AAX) is on sale for 59 USD/EUR until June 6th, 2022 (regular 99 USD/EUR).