Avid has announced the availability of the next generation of Sibelius, the world’s best-selling music composition and notation software.
Delivering on the commitment to innovation and customer choice, key elements of Avid Everywhere™, Sibelius introduces new workflows to enable creativity and collaboration, as well as affordable subscription licensing options that give customers greater flexibility in how they acquire and use the software.
The new Sibelius delivers innovative music notation workflows that enable composers to express their creativity in brand new ways, whether composing for a live performance, movie, television, media entertainment, or in the classroom.
- Write music with a pen on the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet, and quickly add and edit notes with a tap of the pen
- Streamline collaboration by using the new Annotate feature to add notes, edits, and instructions directly on the score for others to review
- Interact with scores intuitively using multi-touch gestures like pinch-zoom
- Get up and running faster than ever with a simplified activation process
- Work faster and see more detail with the updated Windows interface
Delivering on the promise of providing flexible licensing, customers can now choose to access Sibelius through affordable monthly and annual subscriptions, purchase the software outright, or manage multiple copies with Sibelius network licensing. In addition, all licensing options now include:
- Avid upgrade plan – making the latest product innovation immediately available to Sibelius customers
- Avid Standard Support for Sibelius – ensuring customers have access to expert help whenever, wherever, and however needed
These flexible options make it easy for anyone to gain access to the same proven tools professional composers use.
Because Sibelius is part of the Avid MediaCentral Platform, it enables users to seamlessly integrate into any music, movie, or television production workflow. After scores are composed in Sibelius, they can be easily moved to industry-standard Pro Tools® to build cues to picture. Scores can be printed or shared with musicians digitally using the Avid Scorch® app for iPad. And composers can sell their work by delivering scores to music publishers for worldwide sale using the new Sibelius | Cloud Publishing technology. Fulfilling the vision of Avid Everywhere, these workflow help composers connect with consumers more powerfully, efficiently, collaboratively, and profitably.
The new Sibelius is available in the following options:
- Sibelius monthly subscription (one-month license subscription with updates)—$24.99/month, €19/month excluding VAT, £22.80/month including VAT.
- Sibelius annual subscription (12-month license subscription with updates)—$239, €219 excluding VAT, £190.80 including VAT.
- Perpetual license for Sibelius (includes 12 months of updates)—$689, €639 excluding VAT, £550.80 including VAT.
- Sibelius upgrade (from a single-user license of a previous version of Sibelius)—$89, €79 excluding VAT, £70.80 including VAT
- Sibelius crossgrade (from Finale, Encore, Mosaic, or Notion)—$199, €189 excluding VAT, £154.80 including VAT.
- Sibelius for Education* (available for students and teachers)—perpetual license with updates: $299, €279 excluding VAT, £238.80 including VAT; annual subscription: $99, €89 excluding VAT, £82.80 including VAT.
- Sibelius for Education Institution licenses* (multi-seat licenses may be purchased from an Avid Authorized Reseller).
* Academic versions of the software require verification of academic eligibility.