Avid has released a round of announcements from NAMM 2013 which include a partnership with the world-famous Abbey Road Studios, the expansion of its Avid Learning Partner Program to include Sibelius certification, and new product offerings for its professional audio and live-sound customers.
“Providing valuable resources and developing the professional tools to help our valued customers produce amazing music continue to be priorities for Avid, as demonstrated by the news being shared at NAMM this year,” said W. Sean Ford, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, Avid. “We’ve set the standard for our industry with our innovative products and programmes and we’re particularly excited to be offering formalised certification for Sibelius, which will ensure that music educators have the training they need to inspire the next generation of composers, and the Pro Series line of plug-ins, which lay the groundwork for our expanding AAX portfolio.”
The news being showcased at NAMM includes the following:
- High profile partnerships— Renowned Abbey Road Studios, the masterminds behind hits from today’s hottest musical artists including Adele and Florence + The Machine, is the most recent of a large group of facilities and private studios making the upgrade to Pro Tools®|HDX. In addition to a full studio overhaul to HDX systems, Abbey Road and Avid have also announced the first ever Abbey Road Studios and Avid Song Contest, which will provide visibility for emerging artists competing for the grand prize of a Pro Tools system and opportunity to have a track of their choice mixed with Abbey Road’s Online Mixing platform.
- Expanded training opportunities— Avid has reinforced its strong commitment to the Sibelius product line with the announcement of the official Sibelius Training and Certification Program, offered through the Avid Learning Partner Program, which will provide valuable training and accreditation to music educators.
- Innovative product upgrades and launches— Avid expands its AAX plug-in portfolio and adds increased flexibility and integration to the VENUE live-sound system.
- Pro Series plug-ins: Avid announced the launch of the Pro Series line of AAX Native and AAX DSP plug-ins, featuring three new advanced processors that enable users to sound their best. Pro Compressor and Pro Expander (available now), along with Pro Limiter (coming soon), are the first plug-ins in the series, joining an expanding line-up for the AAX platform.
- VENUE Mix Rack: Avid’s industry-leading live sound console system is now fully compatible with VENUE Stage 48 and the VENUE Ethernet Snake Card to provide users with unprecedented flexibility and enhanced capabilities.
- Pro Tools¦ HD Native Thunderbolt: Avid will spotlight its HD Native Thunderbolt solution, which delivers unmatched speed and sound quality using Pro Tools on a laptop or desktop, which debuted at IBC2012 in September.
More information: Avid