Avid has announced that is now shipping the VENUE | S6L live sound system, featuring the industry’s most advanced live sound engine that enables audio professionals to easily handle the largest, most complex tours and events.
Powered by Avid Everywhere™, VENUE | S6L is tightly integrated with industry-standard Pro Tools® and functions as the perfect front-end to the Avid MediaCentral™ Platform, the most fluid end-to-end media management and distribution platform in the industry.
“We’ve already seen huge demand for VENUE | S6L with a significant amount of orders placed by leading sound companies across the globe before it was even shipping,” said Kyle Kim-Hays, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Avid. “The S6L has also won several awards since it was announced at NAB 2015, validating Avid’s position to lead the market forward with innovative technologies that enable customers to take on the most demanding tours and festivals with ease.”
VENUE | S6L is a fully modular, scalable live sound mixing system that delivers best-in-class functionality for a range of live sound mixing applications, including front-of-house, monitor, broadcast, theater, and more. Featuring the VENUE | E6L engine, VENUE | S6L offers unprecedented power to handle huge channel and plug-in counts at the lowest possible latency. VENUE | S6L ensures the highest sound quality, with all processing at 96 kHz, and support for higher sample rates is possible given the immense processing power available.
VENUE | S6L enables professionals to achieve better sounding mixes with greater speed and efficiency, thanks to the S6L console’s modern touchscreen workflows, superior ergonomics, and unmatched visual feedback that provides immediate, intelligent control. S6L offers even greater onboard plug-in processing than previously available, providing engineers with same sound processors used in countless studios, fully integrated to deliver responsive control. Seamless Pro Tools integration provides streamlined recording and playback functionality without the need for a separate audio interface. Furthermore, VENUE | S6L is a networked system and can be completely customized to meet the needs and budget of any professional production.
VENUE | S6L features
- Meet the challenges of the most demanding live sound productions with the most powerful processing engine in the industry.
- Deliver the best possible sound quality with high-performance preamps and extended sample rate support.
- Experience unmatched sound processing through fully integrated, onboard plug-ins from Avid and its connectivity partners.
- Get unprecedented Pro Tools recording and playback capabilities, including Virtual Soundcheck, without needing an external interface.
- Get unmatched visual feedback and instant access to important functions through high-resolution, daylight-visible touchscreens and OLED displays.
- Freely configure modular system components and I/O to meet the demands of any live production.
- Interface with a range of network and I/O formats.
- Enjoy familiar VENUE workflows, and interface with show file compatibility.
A complete VENUE | S6L System includes the following control surface, engine, and I/O components:
- VENUE | S6L control surface—Available in three configurations:
- S6L-32D: 32 + 2 faders, 96 assignable knobs, 1 integrated Master Touchscreen, 3 integrated Channel Touch Modules
- S6L-24D: 24 + 2 faders, 64 assignable knobs, 1 integrated Master Touchscreen, 2 integrated Channel Touch Modules
- S6L-24: 24 + 2 faders, 64 assignable knobs, 1 integrated Master Touchscreen
- VENUE | E6L engine—Available in two configurations:
- E6L-192: 192 input processing channels, 96 mix busses + LCR
- E6L-144: 144 input processing channels, 64 mix busses + LCR
- Stage 64 I/O rack—Customers can use multiple Stage 64 racks with VENUE | S6L to meet their I/O needs, with a choice of analog, digital, and networking options.
* Option cards are available as separate purchases and not included with core systems.