Backbeat Books has announced that it has published The Keyboard Handbook, a step-by-step course in keyboard playing for musicians of all levels.
Beginning with the basics of posture and technique, it offers a series of more than 80 specially written exercises and covers a wide variety of classic and contemporary musical styles – from blues to rock, soul to funk, gospel to synth-pop.
The book helps to master even more complex styles, and the authors have built in progressive difficulty through the examples.
The Keyboard Handbook includes
- a basic guide to reading music
- more than 80 musical exercises showcasing a wide variety of classic and contemporary musical styles
- expert tips on music theory, covering rhythm, scales, chords, and more
- an introduction to MIDI technology and how synthesizers work
- lay-flat binding for ease of use at the keyboard or with a music stand
The accompanying CD showcases a range of different electric and electronic keyboards, and features audio tracks of all of the examples shown in the book, allowing readers to work their way through each section at their own pace, while the lay-flat binding means the book is easy to use at the keyboard or with a music stand.
The Keyboard Handbook is available to purchase for $29.99 USD.