Blue Cat Audio has released a new version of its multi-effects processor which is also capable of hosting third party plugins.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay and multi FX that can host up to 64 VST, VST3, Audio Unit or built-in plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in a single instance, with both serial and parallel routing options.
Version 2.6 of PatchWork brings new macro parameters features to control multiple parameters from multiple plugins with a single knob.
With the ability to choose knob styles for the macro controls and hide the plugins matrix, it is like creating a brand new plugin out of many. This new version also improves MIDI I/O and the integration with control surfaces, and includes many other new features and fixes.
Changes in PatchWork v2.6
- New macro controls editor to edit plugin parameters mapping.
- Assign multiple parameters from multiple plugins to a single macro control, and adjust the range for each parameter.
- Assign a name to each macro control, that is now displayed in automation lanes in most host applications (may require a session reload in some cases).
- Parameters names for existing sessions will be automatically updated upon load.
- Select macro knobs appearance among 18 predefined styles.
- New learn modes to quickly assign plugin parameters.
- MIDI output is now enabled in standalone application.
- Select individual MIDI I/O in standalone application.
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plugin (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- In most plugin formats, internal audio I/O configuration can now be selected regardless of the configuration defined by the host (you can for example reduce the number of channels to save CPU and process only selected channels).
- PatchWork App now uses Apple’s Hardened Runtime and the installer has been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac.
- Improved performance to load the user interface.
- Improved VST parameter value display in some host applications.
- Fixed bypass that did not let MIDI messages go thru for some MIDI plugins.
- Fixed some GUI resizing issues with some VST3 plugins.
- Fixed signal overflow issues with the Reverb built-in plugin for some surround configurations.