Zoom has introduced its new compact and mobile multitrack recorder R12 MultiTrak, allowing you to record and mix songs without a computer. The recorder features a pre-loaded drum machine, onboard effects, patch options and a built-in FM synthesizer with 18 instruments that can be controlled via touchscreen or an external keyboard.
Compact and mobile, you can record, edit, and mix songs without a computer thanks to the R12’s full-color LCD touchscreen. With two XLR/TRS inputs, and 8 tracks of audio, the R12 is perfect for recording everything from demos to release-ready songs. And with the option to power the R12 with 4 AA batteries or a USB power bank, you have the freedom to make music wherever you go.
Zoom R12 features
- Multi-track digital recorder with up to 8 tracks of recording.
- 2.4” Full Color LCD touchscreen display with easy touch and swipe editing.
- User friendly graphic interface with on-board editing capabilities.
- Battery Powered up to 5 hours (4 AA’s).
- 2 XLR / TRS Combo inputs – with phantom power and HI-Z on input 1.
- Send effects channel with 4 options: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, or Guitar Lab preset (choose up to 3 effects from our guitar effects collection including distortions, modulation effects, spacial effects, and much more).
- Built-in compressor for inputs 1 and 2.
- Pan and 3-band EQ for each track.
- Sequence play – for using backing tracks in a live setting.
- Drum loops (150 preloaded).
- Records directly to SDXC cards.
- Built-in USB-C audio interface (2-in / 2-out or 2-in/4out) with control surface function.
Price and availability of the R12 is to be announced.
More information: Zoom