Blue Cat Audio has released version 3.1 of Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer, a new version of the multiband processing plugin with hosting capabilities.
The updated version includes 28 additional built-in audio effects that can be applied to individual frequency bands (in addition to already available third party plugins support) to create all kinds of spectral effects: modulation, compression, distortion, pitch shifting, delays and reverbs.
Dozens of new features and enhancements improving the workflow and performance have also been added to this free update.
Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets you mix and process them as if they were separate tracks.
Each band proposes controls that can be found on a mixing console, and more: bypass, mute or solo each band separately to isolate frequencies you want to work on, adjust the gain, the “stereoness” and the position in the stereo field. When manipulating the stereo image, a master mono switch also lets you check mono compatibility.
Changes in MB-7 Mixer v3.1
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Added 28 built-in plug-ins borrowed from the Late Replies plug-in.
- New spectral manipulation and sound design presets using the built-in effects.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using “save as user default”).
- Major presets loading improvements: hosted plug-ins are now reloaded only when changed, and updated otherwise. Improves performance and audio rendering when loading presets using the same plug-ins.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Performance and memory usage improvements.
- Mac: new installer.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Fixed host keyboard shortcuts lost when a sub plug-in is opened (in several host applications).
- Fixed sub-plug-ins automation overwritten when using touch mode in some hosts.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application’s bypass state.
- Fixed: bypass buttons are now in sync with the hosted plug-ins’ state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
The update is free for existing MB-7 Mixer V3 customers. New customers can download a demo version for Windows and macOS.