Boxsounds has released Replacer, a VST plug-in designed to replace drum and percussive sounds with other samples.
Replacer comprises of a band-pass filter which selects the relevant frequency of the sound required to be replaced.
The peak amplitudes at this frequency trigger the selected samples. Samples can be 16 or 24-bit PCM Wave files recorded at any sample rate.
- 24dB band-pass filter
- Simple gate
- Visual and audio monitoring section
- 4 sample layers (full version)
- Sample start and end adjustment
- Accent amount and smooth (attempts to replicate the dynamics of the original trigger sound)
- Sample ADR envelope with amount control
- Sample pitch control
A free version of Replacer which is limited to one layer is available. The full version has four layers and requires a donation. There is no minimum donation amount.
Visit Boxsounds for more information and a link to download Replacer Ltd or to donate for the full version.