Cakewalk has announced SONAR X1d, a free update for SONAR X1 Essential, SONAR X1 Studio, SONAR X1 Producer & SONAR X1 Producer Expanded.
Cakewalk is committed to ensuring that SONAR X1 customers receive timely updates and feature enhancements. In addition to the four major SONAR X1 updates, Cakewalk has also released a number of QuickFixes designed to address important issues in a timely manner.
“Many of the enhancements are based on direct customer feedback. The entire development team is looking forward to customers receiving these new improvements and feature enhancements,” said Michael Hoover, Executive Vice President of Products.
Changes in SONAR X1d
- Bug fixes – Various bug fixes based on direct customer feedback. “Customer First” approach ensures highest impact items are given priority. Complete list of fixes will be available upon release.
- FX Chains update – New “Mod Matrix” feature allows mapping up to four parameters to one knob, and the ability to set control ranges and invert direction. Range control is now graphical, simplifying integration with the new Mod Matrix. The new “Touch Learn” feature speeds mapping of controls.
- Rewire 64 support– 64-bit versions of SONAR X1d will be natively compatible with 64-bit ReWire applications.
- V-Studio 700 enhancements – In addition to specific bug fixes , SONAR X1d deeply integrates with the V-Studio 700 via enhanced ProChannel and FXChain integration.
- Quick Group update– Now provides Quick Group control of virtually every track and bus parameter. Highlights include full ProChannel support and creation, deletion and scrolling of aux sends.
- Keyboard Shortcut improvements – Updates have been applied to existing shortcut controls, and the keyboard shortcuts preference page now includes a search function. In addition, Key Clusters have been updated to include one-touch ProChannel access and quicker access to snap functions.
- Usability and UI improvements – Further demonstrating Cakewalk’s commitment to improving customer experience with SONAR X1, the SONAR X1d update includes many usability and interface enhancements. The improvements and enhancements include a Metronome update with beat subdivisions and indented folder tracks in the Track View.
- NEW! QuadCurve EQ – SONAR X1 Producer Expanded customers will get an updated ProChannel EQ called QuadCurve EQ. The QuadCurve EQ has an improved graph that features helpful labeling and color-coded bands as well as controls that display always visible, embedded values. Existing Gloss EQ modes have been renamed to better describe their function, and a new 4th mode has been added. This new “Hybrid” mode is an asymmetrical, dual-dependency, mode that’s extremely versatile and simultaneously suited for both clinical tasks and tonal shaping.
The SONAR X1d free update for SONAR X1 Essential, SONAR X1 Studio, SONAR X1 Producer & SONAR X1 Producer Expanded will be available mid February via a free download from Cakewalk. The SONAR X1d update requires SONARX1c to be installed.
Cakewalk has also announced the SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade.
Cakewalk, the world’s leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, today announces special crossgrade pricing of $299 / € 249*/ £279* inc VAT for SONAR X1 Producer.
This special price offering is for current users of competing software: Users of any version of Avid ProTools, Presonus Studio One, Propellerhead Reason or Record, Steinberg Cubase, and Ableton Live.
More information: Cakewalk