Cakewalk has updated their website which now has detailed information about SONAR 6.
SONAR 6 comes in two versions, Producer Edition and Studio Edition. The Producer Edition includes VC-64 Vintage Channel and Session Drummer 2.
New Feature Highlights
- Active Controller Technology (ACT): dynamically re-maps effect, mix and instrument parameters to hardware controllers
- AudioSnap™ Multitrack Audio Quantize
- VC-64 Vintage Channel™—warm sound, dual EQ and compressor stages, analog component modeling, presets by professionals
- Session Drummer™ 2 instrument with professional multi-sampled drum kits, hundreds of live-recorded, vital patterns
- New Synth Rack makes managing, controlling, and automating your instruments simple
- Console view redesigned for ergonomic mixing
- Modular Transport provides easy playback control and vital visual feedback
- Analyst spectrum analyzer
- Clip editing enhancements including lock to time
- Work seamlessly with VST plug-ins—VST support is now integrated into SONAR 6 and no longer requires an external VST to DX adapter
- Automation enhancements: read/write controls for tracks and plug-ins, enable automation during playback and record, visual automation cues, more
- Fast Zoom enables fast, precise edits without losing your place
- Mouse wheel support for parameter control and zoom
- Import 64-bit floating point audio files and stream them at their native resolution from 64-bit tracks
- Crash Recovery safeguards your projects against faulty plug-ins and other sources of crashes
- Automatic file versioning: back up projects with time/date stamps for easy access to old versions
- Customizable user interface: put favorite features right at your fingertips
- User-customizable plug-in menus for easy organization and grouping
- Friendly driver naming (user-customizable audio hardware port names)
- Custom color schemes with saturation, hue, and brightness controls and color categories for easy customization
SONAR 6 can be pre-ordered and will begin to ship the last week of September.