Devious Machines has released an update to its Texture plugin which lets you enhance, shape and transform your sounds with over 340 inspirational textures.
Version 1.5 includes the much requested option to import your own samples.
You can add loops, play them back using Texture’s granular synth, but also trigger them to play at regular intervals or trigger them from incoming audio. You can also now disable the envelope follower, which can be useful if you’re triggering replacement drums, or just want continuous audio output from texture to process.
Drawing from a library of over 300 acoustic and electronic sources, Texture synthesises new layers which track the dynamics of your sound. Want to “glue” your hi-hats transients by adding dynamic filtered noise? Or how about beefing up that kick drum by automatically adding a low sine wave? Texture makes this is easy, intuitive and fast.
But its uses don’t stop at mix enhancement. Experimental musicians and sound designers will find a plethora of leftfield sound at their fingertips. How about having bubbling water track a keyboard part, or adding ferocious fire crackle to the roar of a monster? Texture makes all this and more possible.
Changes in Texture v1.5
- Import your own samples and manipulate with four sampling types.
- Use your existing audio to trigger and sequence sample playback.
- Familiar sampler controls including Start Time, End Time, Looping.
- Transform your sounds with granular synthesis, including random mode.
- Repitch, Compress and ReColour your imported audio material.
- Drag and Drop from your Browser, DAW or anywhere else.
- Define playback behaviour of your own samples with trigger parameters.
- Expanded control set for easy tweaking of sampling and triggering.
- More detailed audio analysis from within the onboard EQs.
Texture is on sale at Plugin Boutique at a 40% discount, priced at £49 GBP / $59 USD until April 22nd, 2019. It is available in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats.
More information: Devious Machines