discoDSP has announced an update to the OB-Xd software synthesizer instrument based on the Oberheim OB-X synth.
OB-Xd is based on the Oberheim OB-X. It attempts to recreate its sound and behavior, but as the original was very limited in some important ways a number of things were added or altered to the original design. OB-Xd was designed to sound as good and as rich as the original. It implements micro random detuning which is a big part of that sound.
Changes in OB-Xd v2.1
- Fixed buttons MIDI CC learn issue.
- Fixed LFO buttons not working or reverted issue.
- Fixed Voice and Legato bitmap issues with 1x assets in Windows and Linux.
- Fixed Grey skin assets bitmap sizes.
- Windows builds now use proper 1x assets bitmaps.
- Changed macOS installer identifiers to avoid conflicts with 1.x.
- Settings.xml changed to Skin.xml to avoid conflicts with OB-Xd 1.x.
- 2.1 now compatible with 2.0 format in Logic (AU).
- Fixed AU issue with OSC MIX 1/2 setting to 0 on project recall.
- Updated MIDI CC OSC1MIX and OSX2MIX to 77 and 78 to avoid conflicts in Logic Pro X.
- Updated Themes folder dialog warning with proper path location.
- Default theme set to Ilkka Rosma Dark.
- Settings.xml installation fix.
The updated desktop version of OB-Xd is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
More information: discoDSP