EastWest has released the its brand-new virtual instrument Voices of Opera, featuring the sensational vocals of soprano Larisa Martinez (Andrea Bocelli) and tenor Carlton Moe (Phantom of the Opera).
VOICES OF OPERA is perfect for any composer looking to add a pristine operatic sound, and fits in perfectly with EastWest’s recent slate of award-winning vocal products HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS, VOICES OF THE EMPIRE, and VOICES OF SOUL.
From the most awarded producers in the sounds industry, DOUG ROGERS and NICK PHOENIX, VOICES OF OPERA is now available for purchase or as a free addition for subscribers of ComposerCloud, the #1 subscription service for musicians that has revolutionized the virtual instrument industry.
The 40 GB collection features 229 multi-sampled vocal instruments across various categories, including:
- Sustain: 10 vocal instruments for both Soprano and Tenor consisting of single syllable vowels – Ah, Ee, Eh, Oh, Oo
- Staccato: 32 vocal instruments with a variety of short, single syllables. For Soprano: Bra, Cher, Ci, Don, Fa, Goh, Joh, Ki, Kom, Lu, Na, Oo, Prey, Ra, Te, Toh, Voh. For Tenor: Bra, Cher, Ci, Don, Fa, Goh, Joh, Ki, Kon, Lu, Na, Oo, Prey, Te, Toh, Voh.
- Legato: 4 vocal instruments that playback true legato intervals up to an octave in either direction when playing in a legato fashion (connected notes) and a sustain sample layer when playing in a non-legato fashion (separation between notes). For both Soprano and Tenor, there is Ah Legato and Oh Legato.
- Combo: 8 vocal instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and use either the Mod Wheel or Round Robin programming techniques to determine how each play back. These include Sustain MOD, Legato MOD, and Staccato Combo RR.
- Words: 42 vocal instruments with performances of specific Italian words mapped chromatically across the keyboard. For both Soprano and Tenor, these include: Addio, Amore, Bravissimo, Cara, Caro, Cielo, Dolore, Donna, Ella, Fiore, Fortuna, Forza, Gloria, Insieme, Mai, Morte, Nobilta, Potere, Sacro, Signore, Vincero.
- Phrases: 36 full phrases and 84 sub-phrases from popular opera arias from the works of Verdi, Puccini, Mozart, Rossini, Bizet and more. There are 43 phrases and sub-phrases for Soprano, 40 phrases and sub-phrases for Tenor, and 37 Duet phrases and sub-phrases. Phrases were recorded in a few different transpositions, with each mapped to their respective root not positions that enable their use in a variety of key signatures. Sub-phrases, which are separate parts that make up a full phrase, can be switched using the Mod Wheel and are also mapped to their respective root note positions.
- Keyswitch: 9 instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and uses keyswitches to activate the desired articulation.
Voices of Opera is on sale for the introductory price of $199 USD for one week (regular $399 USD). It is also available as part of the ComposerCloud virtual instrument subscription service ($19.99 USD/month).
More information: EastWest