Electro-Harmonix has announced its latest pedal Mod Rex, polyrhythmic modulator that lets you weave compelling, shifting, musical tapestries.
The pedal comes equipped with four, independent modulation sections synced in time.
MOD delivers vibrato, flanger, chorus or phaser. TREM features tremolo. PAN modulates between left and right in stereo operation and FILTER offers a choice of a modulated LPF, HPF or BPF. Each section provides four LFO shape options plus dedicated functions to maximize the Mod Rex’s expressivity and control.
The pedal’s TEMPO component gives the user nine note length choices selectable in increments starting at whole note and ranging thru subdivisions that go up to a 16th note. They are independently selectable for each modulation section yielding nearly limitless polyrhythmic possibilities and any of the sections can be bypassed.
The MOD Rex’s tempo (displayed as BPM) is adjustable with the Tempo knob, Tap Tempo footswitch or by using an expression pedal into its EXP input. It can also be synced to an external device with MIDI Clock or an external pulse clock.
The MOD REX features a full stereo input and output plus full MIDI control of all parameters including recall of the pedal’s 100 presets. It is also equipped with an external foot controller input to bank up and down thru the presets. The pedal is available now and comes with a 9.6VDC/200mA power supply.
Mod Rex features
- Up to four simultaneous modulation sections synced in time.
- MOD section offers a choice of Vibrato, Flanger, Chorus or Phaser.
- Standalone Tremolo, Modulated Panning and Modulated Filter sections.
- 9 tempo subdivision options for each modulation section.
- 4 LFO shape options for each modulation section.
- 100 storable presets.
- Full stereo input and output.
- Tap Tempo and Tempo Sync to an external device with MIDI Clock or an external pulse clock.
- Full MIDI control of all parameters and recalling of presets.
- External expression pedal input.
- External foot controller input to bank presets up and down.
- 9.6VDC/200mA power supply included.
More information: Electro-Harmonix