Elektron has announced that its Digitakt eight track digital drum machine and sampler is now available for purchase.
Digitakt is designed as a fun and portable sampler, drum machine and sequencer that is fast, digital and utterly playable.
Digitakt features a powerful step sequencer with 8 audio tracks and 8 MIDI tracks.
Straight out of the box Digitakt is ready to go, as it comes pre-loaded with a volley of high quality percussion samples created by That Sound, among others. And for smooth bulk transfer of samples from computer to Digitakt, the new Elektron Transfer software will come in hand. Sampling with Digitakt is incredibly easy. Plug in a phone or another sound source and just start recording.
Later this year, the Overbridge software suite will become available for Digitakt. It offers powerful tools and features when using Digitakt with computers, for example a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface for hardware control and USB audio streaming of internal tracks. Overbridge even lets Digitakt to be used as a sound card.
- 8 internal audio tracks.
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks.
- 1 × Multi-mode filter per audio track.
- 1 × Overdrive effect per audio track.
- 1 × Assignable LFO per track.
- Delay and Reverb send FX.
- Sampling capability.
- 64 MB sample memory.
- 1 GB +Drive storage.
- 480 factory samples.
- 2 × ¼” input.
- 2 × ¼” balanced output.
- 1 × headphones output.
- 1 × High Speed USB 2.0 port.
- MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN sync out.
- Ultra-crisp OLED screen.
- Durable, backlit buttons.
- Dimensions: W215×D176×H63 mm (8.5×7.2×2.5″) (including knobs and rubber feet).
- Weight: approximately 1.45 kg (3.2 lbs).
Digitakt is available for purchase priced at 769 EUR/$679 USD.