Eplex DSP has announced the release of its new Vintage Vacuum Tube VD76 tube emulation audio effect plugin for Windows.
Thanks to our more than 17+ years of experiences with digital sound processing and education in analog electronics we created unique algorithm simulating real vacuum tube in very realistic way + thanks to our virtual analog circuit simulation technology we also recreated real analog circuits around tubes which significantly affect sound of whole tube devices (such as production of 1st harmonics and very fat sound).
While most of digital tube plug-in emulations just produce digital distortion and unwanted, harsh sounding digital artifacts which are amplified after mastering / limiting (and not so much rounding of transients) you can hear significant difference when testing and comparing with our analog simulation algorithms – first thing you can hear transients and trebles are really softer, rounder – more pleasant to ears, there is no digital distortion but nice analog saturation, signal is really fatter when circuit power knob is turned right, signal is significantly warmer with little bit of color.
You can use Vintage vacuum tube VD76 plug-in with drums – electronic or acoustic, bass, to make synthesizers warmer and rounder, guitars, vocals, percussion or any other elements of your mix.
Vintage Vacuum Tube VD76 features
- Unique analog emulation technology combining virtual analog circuits, emulation of individual components (like tubes) and hardware capturing methods in selected parts of virtual circuit/scheme.
- Input knob: More input = more color and saturation of whole system.
- Triode: Fatter and Warmer type saturation of Triode tube, emulation of triode tube type saturation.
- Pentode: More vintage, thin and dirty type of saturation of Pentode tube, pentode type saturation emulation.
- Circuit power emulates behavior of circuits around vacuum tubes to add heavy “fatness” to your sound.
- Bass cut filter from 0 to 70 Hz to eliminate deepest subbass.
- Circuit/Tube temperature for analog noise to make the signal sound more natural.
- Switch between 3 different types of tubes:
- 2001 – bright, modern and precise sounding tube.
- 1950 – old vintage tube with round transients and dark smooth sound.
- 1976 – vintage tube with silky round transients, trebles and crunchy sound.
The plugin is available for Windows (VST), priced 29.90 EUR. The first 80 customers can get a discounted price of 17.90 EUR.
More information: Eplex DSP