As Erica Synths discontinues its legacy DIY Eurorack projects, the company has decided to make them open source.
Gerber files for PCB-made front panels have been created and Erica Synths has slightly changed the module design in order to get rid of custom and rare components. However, some modules still require rare ICs which are available from its online shop.
Projects are available on Github, and each project folder contains complete information and files to build a module: schematics, Gerber files for a front panel, Gerber files for PCBs, BOMs, component placement with values and designators and assembly manuals (please note that some manuals are designed for older module versions).
By making these projects open source, Erica Synths accepts third party use for personal, educational or commercial purposes. Erica Synths will not provide any support for these projects. Please refer to forums (such as Muffwiggler) for information on build nuances, troubleshooting, part availability or alternatives.
Open source projects are:
- Bassline: All in one synth voice for acid basslines and drones.
- BBD delay/flanger: All analog effects unit based on V3205 BBD IC Delay – tape and digital delay unit with tap tempo, tempo sync, reverse, hold and add functions.
- Dual VCA: Polivoks architecture inspired dual VCA, rare Russian differential opamps are now replaced with AS3330.
- Envelope: Recreation of Polivoks envelope generator with loop and end of attack functions.
- MIDI-CV: Polivoks functionality inspired dual MIDI-CV converter with glide function.
- Mixer: Simple 3 chanel audio mixer.
- Modulator: Polivoks functionality inspired LFO, noise and S&H module.
- Output: Output module with headphone amplifier.
- Polivoks VCF: authentic recreation of the Polivoks VCF.
- Swamp: Erica Synths’ take of Wogglebug module with lots of unique extras.
- VCO3: Polivoks inspired VCO with nice extra – VCO Sync input.
In collaboration with Riga Technical University, Erica Synths is now working on educational DIY kits for simple and affordable Eurorack modules and an announcement is currently scheduled for Autumn 2020.
More information: Erica Synths