Fracture Sounds has announced the release of its new Kontakt Player powered Box Factory, a unique cinematic percussion library featuring a 40-piece ensemble of cardboard boxes.
Recorded with 6 performers in a concert hall, the library features 13 unique ensembles ranging from large to small boxes played with a range of stick types and performance techniques.
The sound of Box Factory is familiar, yet totally unique. It is presented in a way that will feel at home if you’ve used any other percussion library – you can approach in the same way as you would toms, taikos and snares – yet it offers a certain organic, raw and tactile sound that is unlike any conventional percussion instrument.
Whether used as the sole percussion instrument in a composition (as is the case with all the demo tracks on this page), or layered with other drums, the diverse tones and flexible sound-shaping controls offered by Box Factory will be an essential sonic ingredient for anyone looking to freshen up their percussion palette.
Box Factory features
- 13 separate ensembles, curated from 40 cardboard boxes.
- Recorded in a modern concert hall environment, with 3 mixable microphone positions.
- 4 diverse mixes, ready to use in any production.
- Housed in our brand new percussion engine, with easy sound shaping controls and articulation customisation.
- Innovative rhythm animator with velocity and filter sequencers.
- Full NKS support – works with Komplete Kontrol hardware.
- 3GB download size (NCW compressed from a 5.5GB sample pool).
- Runs in the free Kontakt Player (v6.6 or later). No additional sampler software needed.
The library is on sale for the introductory price of £89 GBP/$119 USD until October 8th, 2021 (regular £119 GBP/$169 USD).
More information: Fracture Sounds