Sinevibes has released the second generation of its self-randomizing repeater effect plugin for Mac. Rerun v2 comes with an all-new user interface, an upgraded DSP engine with multiple added features, and is now available in AU, VST3 and AAX plugin formats.
Rerun is a self-randomizing repeater effect plugin for Mac. It constantly samples small slices of incoming audio, plays them back a number of times, and then starts over again. Each time it switches to the next round of sampling-repetition, Rerun randomizes the slice size and the number of repeats, and is then engages or pauses depending on the probability parameter.
The effect includes multiple playback modes – forward, reverse, alternating – as well as adjustment of slice envelope time and stereo link. Via a very streamlined set of controls, Rerun can be configured to produce a very wide range of experimental, always-changing sounds: chaotic rhythms, erratic glitches, randomized reversing, or time-stretched textures.
Rerun v2 features
- Self-randomizing sampler-repeater with 10 .. 600 ms slice size range and up to 50x repetitions.
- Variable repeater engagement probability, with summed or gated mode.
- Forward, reverse, alternating playback modes.
- Adjustable slice envelope.
- Separate or stereo-linked operation.
- Lag filters on all continuous parameters for smooth, click-free adjustment.
- Supports mono › mono, mono › stereo, and stereo › stereo channel configurations.
Rerun v2 is available for purchase for $29 USD. It works with macOS 10.9 or later with native Intel and Apple Silicon support. Customers who bought the previous version of Rerun can receive the new version as a free upgrade.
More information: Sinevibes