Orchestral Tools has released a free orchestral instrument called Layers, a plugin that offers an easy way to add orchestral sounds to your compositions and productions.
Layers introduces you to the acclaimed Orchestral Tools sound to spark ideas for your next soundtrack and produce sketches fast.
Draw from the finest recordings of strings, woodwinds, and brass. Generate full chords with one-touch simplicity. And seamlessly blend layers of tonal colors and dynamics with your MIDI controller.
- Free orchestral VST instrument.
- Full orchestral patch plus individual string, woodwind, and brass sections—each with several articulations.
- Simple one-touch access to major, minor, and suspended chords with multiple inversions—plus single bass notes.
- Multiple, mixable mic positions and configurations.
- Unique layering capability that lets you seamlessly blend instrument sections and shift dynamics using your MIDI controller.
Layers runs in the free Orchestral Tools SINE Player, which is also free to download in VST and AU plugin formats and as standalone software for Windows and Mac.
More information: Orchestral Tools